Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i changed the battery... but when i turn the key, it does not make that whining sound of the fuel being pumped... and when I try to start the bike all I get is a cranking noise. I tried bump starting it multiple times but it starts up for a few seconds and then dies out... Please tell my engine is not seized up... ><

Thank You

-S

·
Registered
215 Posts
If the engines starts and you can bump start it then the engine is fine but you are not getting fuel to the injection so check the fuel pump wires and fuses.

Good luck

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Jacob is correct, if the engine is turning over freely and does actually crank then its not seized.

There could be a fuse somewhere in the loom that controls the fuel pump, that could have blown causing the pump not to prime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there a how to clean the fuel pump line for dummies around?

or is it possible if someone can explain how to do this...it would be much appreciated.

Thank You

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this same Problem with my bike come to find out it is the ignition swith harness. There is a pink wire going to the ignition turn the key on and check if it has 8-9 volts if not the diode is bad and it needs to be replaced. It is a $60. part from honda. hope this helps
Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts