Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was riding my bike and it was running smooth as always and then it started jumping like it wasn't getting fuel and I kept the throttle at the same spot then down shift to see if it would help and then it just died and I couldn't get it to start back. I flipped on the fuel pump switch and didn't hear it pressure up like usual. All I hear is a click coming from the battery area. I have no idea what could be going on with it. I think my fuel pump has just gone bad. It is a 2000 CBR 929.

Any suggestions or input is welcome! I need to get my bike up and running again ASAP!

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So, I was riding my bike and it was running smooth as always and then it started jumping like it wasn't getting fuel and I kept the throttle at the same spot then down shift to see if it would help and then it just died and I couldn't get it to start back. I flipped on the fuel pump switch and didn't hear it pressure up like usual. All I hear is a click coming from the battery area. I have no idea what could be going on with it. I think my fuel pump has just gone bad. It is a 2000 CBR 929.

Any suggestions or input is welcome! I need to get my bike up and running again ASAP!

Thank you

Flat battery?
Charge the battery and do the tests of the charging system.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I just bought a new battery on Thursday. And everything messed up today (Saturday)

Why did you need a new battery?
Did you confirm the charging system works before you bought the battery?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery tested and it was completely dead and I also true to charge it. What test coup I do or what can I look for to see if I can get it running?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Battery tested and it was completely dead and I also true to charge it. What test coup I do or what can I look for to see if I can get it running?

Start with charging the battery and then measure the battery voltage with the engine running. You should be somewhere around 14-15.5V or thereabouts.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I don't have anything to measure the voltage with.

Get a multimeter.
If you own a Honda sportsbike you really should have a mulitmeter as well to keep an eye on the charging system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand that. I'm just tight on money right now. Is there something else that you could think of besides the battery?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I understand that. I'm just tight on money right now. Is there something else that you could think of besides the battery?

Yes, but you still need to charge the battery before you can make further tests of the electrical system.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Will charge it. What else could I do after I charge it?

See if she starts.
If she does, then you need to check the voltage and test the stator and regulator.
If she doesn't, then you need to let us know what she is doing.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Starter relay? Is that what could be clicking?
That would explain why the apparent dead battery.
Battery might be fine, Need a multimeter to check voltage on the battery - or take it to the store where you bought it and have them load-test it.
A cheapie multimeter of about $10 or $15 is all you need for most stuff on our Hondas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts