Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hi my bike wont start not getting spark. what are all the things i should check?

The kill switch is one possiblilty, especially if you use it regularly.
The fuel pump does prime okay when you turn on the ignition?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Assuming everything on the bike works........kill switch in off position......bike not in neutral.......kickstand not down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
everything was working fine what happened was i bought 954 headlight and fairings (minus tail) took off gas tank, subframe, rims and stator cover to be powder coated over the winter. i took out servo and removed flap in air box i pluged in servo eliminator and i have power command but havent pluged in yet cause i will get it dyno same time. so i put eveything back together but when i pluged in battery the headlights came on right away wit everything turned off. found that i had a conncetion wrong, corrected that but still wont start. mechanic has bike now he checked everything and said im not getting a spark and that everything is leading back to ecm but hes not sure yet.

so im looking for any other possible reasons besides ecm Thanx!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
everything was working fine what happened was i bought 954 headlight and fairings (minus tail) took off gas tank, subframe, rims and stator cover to be powder coated over the winter. i took out servo and removed flap in air box i pluged in servo eliminator and i have power command but havent pluged in yet cause i will get it dyno same time. so i put eveything back together but when i pluged in battery the headlights came on right away wit everything turned off. found that i had a conncetion wrong, corrected that but still wont start. mechanic has bike now he checked everything and said im not getting a spark and that everything is leading back to ecm but hes not sure yet.

so im looking for any other possible reasons besides ecm Thanx!

Does the new headlight have the bank angle sensor mounted on it, or is the 929 one connected still?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts