Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purpose of this thread: To develop a watch list of interesting Bikes-on-Film.

The other day I was viewing a compilation of future cinema releases and was pleased to see that motorcycles will be featured quite a lot. Is it just me or does the use of a motorcycle in a film provide a little hit and (almost) automatically make the film better?

Bond in Quantum & Bourne in Ultimatum both commandeer (disguised) Honda Montesas leading to great chase scenes. Bruce Wayne on an MV, and his alter ego, cape flapping, on the BatPod, was very cool. And, some film people just seem to want to have bikes at work: Angelina gets an honorary mention; from Ms Croft to her escape on the Triumph in Salt, and, please take a bow Mr Cruise, who appears to have it written into his contract that bikes will feature in every film - and long may it continue.

So, I welcome your Film recommendations, containing which bike and what is cool about it, please.

Over to you …….

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking only cinematic films, or might television serials qualify?:grin:grin
A very good question, and a very well made argument for the inclusion of TV motorcycles, Nigel. :thumb:

I've convened the BoF committee - that was me over a cup of tea - and it has concluded that the inclusion of TV programmes is eminently sensible.

P.S. There is no need to explain what is cool about Homer's motorcycle. The look on his face is all the explanation we need. :wink

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,180 Posts
Duncan, I like your idea. BUT, I'm always let down when the clearly identifiable 4 stroke dirt bike sounds like a 2 stroke and vise versa. Or the stunt guy on a Ducati sounds like a CBR. That editing drives me nuts.

MegaForce (1982-look it up :grin)
Never say never again
T2
Mission impossible

All ridiculously misrepresent our 2 wheeled love.

Oh, and Top Gun, seeing Tom Cruise getting trailered on his Ninja 900 (in one scene you can see the tie down on the fairing).

Not meaning to derail your thread Duncs, just airing my discontent with those movies :wink

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duncan, I like your idea. BUT, I'm always let down when the clearly identifiable 4 stroke dirt bike sounds like a 2 stroke and vise versa. Or the stunt guy on a Ducati sounds like a CBR. That editing drives me nuts.

MegaForce (1982-look it up :grin)
Never say never again
T2
Mission impossible

All ridiculously misrepresent our 2 wheeled love.

Oh, and Top Gun, seeing Tom Cruise getting trailered on his Ninja 900 (in one scene you can see the tie down on the fairing).

Not meaning to derail your thread Duncs, just airing my discontent with those movies :wink
I understand and sympathise, Ian. :thumb: Films where the stunts or CGI are poor, or the sports bike tyres miraculously turn into super-studded trail tyres mid-chase - can be a distraction :idunno: , but, even in those movies, you still get the - one handed rolling stoppie, while shooting at the bad guys with the other hand stunt - that, surely, deserves a round of applause? :clap:

And, this means that, when a Bike-on-Film passes the IanDoohan test, it's going to be awesome!

So, bring it on, my Friend! :allears:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And thanks from me. I've just ordered, 'The World's Fastest Indian'.:grin

So, @Duncan893 , the purpose of this thread has proved worthwhile! Cheers:wink
Excellent, Nigel ! :thumb:

No spoilers:

I really enjoyed "The World's Fastest Indian", one scene in particular.

I've been thinking about it and I'm going to watch it again. :nod:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was watching Iron Man last night, and the workshop/garage scenes with the Zero Engineering bikes reminded me of one of my favourite videos. It's only 2 minutes 45 seconds, but has a lot going for it:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts