Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just because one bears the namesake does not mean one is capable of running the company.

Instead of cost cutting measures that makes no sense, ford should concentrate on making a better product to attract cutomers. Most Japanese imports have a better JD powers reliability review at 75K miles than any of the big three has brand new. That says we are a long ways from being perfect.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
if having the last name meant i could run the company maybe i should call them:smilebig: , and maybe i need to search my family tree i might be entitled to something :huh:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Wise decision on his part. He's extremely intelligent, but is stretched too thin. He needed someone with the talent to turn the company around...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Isn't Boeing a Union shop?
Yeah, that's why I was saying they need a guy that can do that.
This guy may be a better choice than Ford, but he most likely isn't the best choice.
Ford is in a world of hurt right now due to multiple issues, but they can build the most kick-ass cars on the planet and they'd still be where they are. The unions are bleeding them dry and until they can shake that, all the image and proper car lineup in the world aint gonna right that ship.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Isn't Boeing a Union shop?
So is Lockheed. How about parts of NG?

My boss talks about having to find someone to solder shit for him (NO engineer was allowed to solder their own stuff) so as to not violate union lab rules.

A friend tried to get me to apply there and I was like um....the first time some union asshole pulled a soldering iron out of my hand, it'd be geek war in the lab and I'd be fired. :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah, some sections of NG are union. Mainly their Ship Systems sector, with a crapton of trade laborers, and some of the Integrated Systems folks, where they do B-2 and what not.

Most of the rest of NG is "white collar" and aren't part of a bargaining unit.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Most of the rest of NG is "white collar" and aren't part of a bargaining unit.
Funny you put it that way...my engineering ethics prof in college DESPISED unionized engineers. He considered it blue collar and unprofessional and as such, degrading to the profession.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
So is Lockheed. How about parts of NG?

My boss talks about having to find someone to solder shit for him (NO engineer was allowed to solder their own stuff) so as to not violate union lab rules.

A friend tried to get me to apply there and I was like um....the first time some union asshole pulled a soldering iron out of my hand, it'd be geek war in the lab and I'd be fired. :rotfl:
Pocket protectors and protractors everywhere. :fear:

:rotfl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts