Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I had been wondering also, but actually asking the question was difficult for me.

I, too, hope is all okay. There was certainly no sign (as I recall) of any disagreement with any member or comment.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had been wondering also, but actually asking the question was difficult for me.

I, too, hope is all okay. There was certainly no sign (as I recall) of any disagreement with any member or comment.
He had zero enemies here, so I'm fearing the worst, unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong. He was retired and living the dream. I hope he still is. :pray:

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
And during my madness all my bikes have gone , so looking for a Fireblade again, but got to be injected this time, and the worse the better , gone as far as I want to go with carbs,need a change of direction:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Wouldn't be any good to me Nigel, need one that's on its last legs I can bring back to life, besides I'm a skinflint:whistle:

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Ah yes. So much more rewarding too. There's a few nice projects on the go here at the mo. One problem now though, is that owners of a lot of the old relics just want too much for their bikes, simply because they're in vogue.

Fortunately, with ear to the ground a gem will always come to light!!

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
And during my madness all my bikes have gone , so looking for a Fireblade again, but got to be injected this time, and the worse the better , gone as far as I want to go with carbs,need a change of direction:mad:
So your preference is a Blade that won’t start.

·
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I regretfully "liked" this post................Bu OK BIll, that sounds like a decent challenge. Start amassing ECUS's, Throttle bodies, fuel injectors and fuel pumps and you should be able to revive just about any 929 or 954 😈 Or are you looking for a more modern resurrection?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
I regretfully "liked" this post................Bu OK BIll, that sounds like a decent challenge. Start amassing ECUS's, Throttle bodies, fuel injectors and fuel pumps and you should be able to revive just about any 929 or 954 😈 Or are you looking for a more modern resurrection?
Nail on the head there Ian , could only be a 929 or 954 , they are the only Blades for me(y)

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Only got a few months as we will be moving house again, away from the seaside to the Bronte country, you probably wouldn't know the area Ian , but lovely country side and moors :)

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Nail on the head there Ian , could only be a 929 or 954 , they are the only Blades for me(y)
You might remember, Bill, that I have one of each. Then again, who knows what I have bought during your hiatus :) . Point is though that I love them both. Actually prefer the 929 over the 954 which is totally contrary to public opinion in that the 954 is a 'better' bike. I am sure either would fulfill your dreams. Also, there is an abundance of them - in various states of condition. If you find an Erion with an original can I'll give you a Yoshi for it!!:ROFLMAO:
Only got a few months as we will be moving house again, away from the seaside to the Bronte country, you probably wouldn't know the area Ian , but lovely country side and moors :)
Unless Ian is highly literate, or remembers school assignments, he would probably think that 'Bronte' (as in brontosaurus) was part of The Flintstones cast rather than a quaint area of West Yorkshire.:eek: Think I'd best go now!!;)

·
7,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm probably at a disadvantage as I dont and wont do facebook, seems that's where they all are
Not a disadvantage. Facegram is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. I'm there, rummaging through the 900RR pages and its the same highly opinionated know-it-alls that take no pride in actually helping someone. I would say that Blades and 1k.net are the best forums on the webs in what we look for and what we do.

You'll find one sooner than later (y)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts