Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
:eek:

I hope that was some kind of PhD project or something, can you imagine how much time was put into that bird?!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
No trick ND4. Some species of parrots (African Grey in particular) are very good students of language. However, all parrots belong to that noisy family of "psittacines". Psittacine usually translates into: noisy, throw my food all over the place as far as I can, might sever your finger at any moment, shit-a-lot pet. I really admire beautiful birds, but no way would I want to keep one as a pet. :thumbd:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Nope, no trick. A woman named Irene Pepperberg has done a lot of research with an African Grey named Alex. Alex is capable of cognitive speech. They are very smart birds.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw a nature show where they showed a breed of birds (can't remember which) that mimicks other birds as part of its mating ritual. There was some construction/development going on in the area so the birds were making construction equipment sounds: bull dozer, buzz saws, etc. One of the birds even made a very distinctive call that mimicked a Nikon F3 shutter, apparently, it had been photographed a lot. Amazing stuff.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Supperconductor said:
I saw a nature show where they showed a breed of birds (can't remember which) that mimicks other birds as part of its mating ritual. There was some construction/development going on in the area so the birds were making construction equipment sounds: bull dozer, buzz saws, etc. One of the birds even made a very distinctive call that mimicked a Nikon F3 shutter, apparently, it had been photographed a lot. Amazing stuff.
Lyrebird perhaps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts