Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Re: Bit the bullet

$200 for ear buds:eek:

Well, as a pro-audio person, I am a big fan of Shure mics. If these buds are as good and tough as the mics, I guess they're worth it.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That's not how much I paid ;) I'm into pro-audio as well, but I can't say I'm a fan of their mics. These came highly recommended by several people I trust so I figured I'd try them.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts

Yeah, let us know...looks like I need to replace my iPod and earbuds. :(

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

Cool Z!

I have a nano and a pair of ultimate ears. Nothing like IEMs to attenuate the whine of some engines and wind noise!

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

...and crying babies/mouthbreathers :D

I guess my favorite feature of these E3's so far is that I can get a custom earplug molded and have these inserted. I'm probably gonna do that after a couple of months.

·
Registered
476 Posts

I bought the Ultimate Ear UE5 pro. I was able to audition a few (Shure, Etymotic and UE before choosing) I gave my daughter a set of Shure EC2's with a 12db attenuator for her shuffle and she loves them but she's 4 and isn't an audiophile yet.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts

I bought the Ultimate Ear UE5 pro. I was able to audition a few (Shure, Etymotic and UE before choosing) I gave my daughter a set of Shure EC2's with a 12db attenuator for her shuffle and she loves them but she's 4 and isn't an audiophile yet.
Are you using a headphone amp with your iPod (or are you using these with some other device)?

I've looked at them a few times, and the really geeked out music people seem to think the amps make quite a bit of difference.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Are you using a headphone amp with your iPod (or are you using these with some other device)?

I've looked at them a few times, and the really geeked out music people seem to think the amps make quite a bit of difference.
I have a set of Grade SR125's I really like them and they do not need an amp but they if you go for the large cans they will require one.

Grado Labs, Inc.

I like this set up :D
Pocket Headphone Amp

·
Registered
476 Posts

NO amp, plenty of output for me, the armatures are pretty efficient and I don't like to listen just for the sake of background music in my head so its normally for a limited time only.

There is a new triple armature design I want to try out, I don't know how much better they will be without increasing the cavity though and you already look like an auditory frankenstein with these things.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts