Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Detriot, Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland??? It seems as these cities are all blacked out?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Yeah it's fubared, we got notification @ work of our cell sites getting taxed like mad in Manhattan. One of my boys lives up there I've been trying to get a hold of him for an hour for the birdseye report.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I spoke to my wife who works at the World Financial Center. She said everything was out, no busses, or trains. she was headed to the ferry terminal with about 10,000 other people. She told me to pick up the kid and wait for a call sometime tonight.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
BillAce : I spoke to my wife who works at the World Financial Center.  She said everything was out, no busses, or trains.  she was headed to the ferry terminal with about 10,000 other people.  She told me to pick up the kid and wait for a call sometime tonight.
I'd try a hotel room first.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Man, I sure hope we don't have 3000 people die from this lack of power.

Seriously, it sucks and is a big inconvenience but us Americans always seem to live through it and come out stronger.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am stuck in downtown NYC....I am going to wait till the power comes in the office casue its 3 mile line to the Ferry, no subway and Buses are stuck in traffic

·
Registered
183 Posts
BDA116 : Man, I sure hope we don't have 3000 people die from this lack of power.
Thats what I don't understand...why do people panic and head home and only add to the chaos. Its best to stay put in the office. We have back power, water and some snacks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I heard so much about the 1977 black out. Now I am facing on.

I am counting on fellow org memebers to get us thru the night if I am stuck here :)....I need something to kill time.

I need more NWS stuff Please.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gautamde : I heard so much about the 1977 black out. Now I am facing on.

I am counting on fellow org memebers to get us thru the night if I am stuck here :)....I need something to kill time.

I need more NWS stuff Please.
oK, i will ask, how can you post if you have not power?? Laptop battery and cell phone??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its called UPS...Uninterrupted Power Supply. Or back up power generator in layman terms (I am getting cranky and sarcastic).

The online service was down for a while at my office. They started up the servers. And hence I have light, water, snacks and most importantly, I am online. Wish I had my Blade with me. I would have been home by now.

·
Registered
700 Posts
gautamde : Quote (BDA116 @ Aug. 14 2003, 6:29pm)Man, I sure hope we don't have 3000 people die from this lack of power.
Thats what I don't understand...why do people panic and head home and only add to the chaos. Its best to stay put in the office. We have back power, water and some snacks.
Sounds like its time to find that girl in logistics and show her your 'O' face  

·
Registered
183 Posts
BizJetGuy : Quote (gautamde @ Aug. 14 2003, 6:36pm)Quote (BDA116 @ Aug. 14 2003, 6:29pm)Man, I sure hope we don't have 3000 people die from this lack of power.
Sounds like its time to find that girl in logistics and show her your 'O' face  
...I think she left early cause her mother saw too many 'O' faces during the '77 black out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
BizJetGuy : Quote (gautamde @ Aug. 14 2003, 6:55pm)Wish I had my Blade with me. I would have been home by now.
Not from the tv pics I've been seeing... it's a nitemare out there.
Didn't you know..the blade can spilt lanes, climb mountains, cross rivers.....nahh...u r right...I am better off in the office, blade or no blade.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
No power here.  Stocked up on beer, cigars, vodka, and ice so I'm good to go!  

Wife and youngest daughter are visiting in NYC...just heard they're okay.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here a funny one...day before yerturday, a woman visiting NYC as a tourist, cursed the city and swore never ever to come back to the city when she was mugged and hit with a glass bottle by a crazy dude. It made big news here. News Channels and hotels got together and convinced her to come back to the city by sponcering her entire trip including hotel and limo service. Guess what, she is stuck in a big traffic jam today, sweating away in the heat. Something tells me she is never coming back.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Proto : I bet the French are pissing themselves laughing at you lot after all this spew

Can't even generate electricity. Wankers.
The difference is, this will last less than a day, is covering an area larger than that 'nation', and nowhere near 3000 people will even be injured, let alone die.
That's what happens when you have a country full of intelligent productive people, compared to a bunch of bedwetting pussies that can't even extinguish a tiny little electrical fire in a little steel structure without panicing.
Talking about a bunch of wankers that can't generate power.
french pussies.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts