Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have some custom black flake paint done by the previous owner, and it looks pretty cool. Long story short, the upper fairing got compromised, as did the windscreen. Also, the tail middle section (where the key goes) was already broken.

Should I just buy an unpainted upper and try to get it matched (which im sure can be done for 400 total or so, and get the tail piece and paint as well?

Or should I try out the aftermarket black/silver repsol fairing set and get my tank matched to that?

I tried to attach the image but well see if it works haha.

I think the repsol set looks pretty nice, but am concerned that it might looks stupid, so im looking for outside opinions. Will the silver and matte(looking) black make the bike look bulkier than my gloss black flake paint job? I dont want it to look to much fatter.

What do you guys think? Id like to make a move on something pretty soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I currently have some custom black flake paint done by the previous owner, and it looks pretty cool. Long story short, the upper fairing got compromised, as did the windscreen. Also, the tail middle section (where the key goes) was already broken.

Should I just buy an unpainted upper and try to get it matched (which im sure can be done for 400 total or so, and get the tail piece and paint as well?

Or should I try out the aftermarket black/silver repsol fairing set and get my tank matched to that?

I tried to attach the image but well see if it works haha.

I think the repsol set looks pretty nice, but am concerned that it might looks stupid, so im looking for outside opinions. Will the silver and matte(looking) black make the bike look bulkier than my gloss black flake paint job? I dont want it to look to much fatter.

What do you guys think? Id like to make a move on something pretty soon.
repsol kit looks good. i would roll with that. the bike will look good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
repsol kit looks good. i would roll with that. the bike will look good.
How do you think I should get the tank done if I go with this? Maybe like the original colored repsol but matte (or whatever it is) black where the orange normally is and the 3 silver stripes, or the other way around, or just all black to be safe?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
How do you think I should get the tank done if I go with this? Maybe like the original colored repsol but matte (or whatever it is) black where the orange normally is and the 3 silver stripes, or the other way around, or just all black to be safe?
that is really all up to you. I got some aftermarket fairings and just painted my tank black to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
hmmm maybe black with some skulls or pinup ladies on the sides :D
you could do the tank in gloss black with the skulls in matte black or the other way around if you wanted too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been researching fairing kits online, and now I am concerned. This is from an ebay store in china that sells lots of fairings. Although definately most of their reviews on ebay are positive, and people have said holes are not exact but close, people on forums are saying never get them from chinese ebay stores. How can I tell if they will be good or not?

People said the paint fades in a year, and they dont fit at all and blah blah.
they claim it has 3 clear coats

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have been researching fairing kits online, and now I am concerned. This is from an ebay store in china that sells lots of fairings. Although definately most of their reviews on ebay are positive, and people have said holes are not exact but close, people on forums are saying never get them from chinese ebay stores. How can I tell if they will be good or not?

People said the paint fades in a year, and they dont fit at all and blah blah.
they claim it has 3 clear coats
Advan Racing on eBay sells pretty good quality fairings but be prepared to wait atleast a month to get them. You are better off buying fairings here in the US. Motorcyclefairingsrus.com motofairings.com just to name a couple places and the price is about the same without that long wait.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bummer none of those guys have fairings for my bike. guess it might have to wait

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Bummer none of those guys have fairings for my bike. guess it might have to wait
you can find them im sure just look around. I would buy US based company fairings over the china ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts