Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was looking at another thread. Here http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/52697-made-my-yoshi-can-into-shorty.html

Concerning the video. My bike makes the same black puff when I get on the throttle good or just rev it hard the same as he does in the video. Is this common on these bikes? Is this just a rich condition? Does this mean it needs tuned or is this normal?
Yeah, I have the same thing as that guy... Wait a minute, I am that guy!

I think I am running a tiny rich at the moment. Not wnough to hurt anything, but as soon as I get my HTEV Eliminator I am gonna have the map tested and retuned.

I think the puff of smoke is from the Accelerator pump feature on the PCIII. The tuner said that he uses it on some bikes if they need it.

he had it on the dyno and had the A/F dialed in perfectly, but he showed me when he goosed it how it leaned out for half a second, and then he turned that on and it stayed at the proper ratio when he opened the throttle.

Some bikes it really doesn't make a difference on, but mine it did.

I dunno though. I had the map made for a different bolt-on can, and then I through on the Yoshi and then cut it down without retuning it, so it may very well be off, but not by very much or I would notice it when driving it.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
There is nothing wrong with it. Bone stock with full oem exhaust my 954 would throw a black puff until it reaches full operating temps. It still does it with the Jardine as well. It is also worse during cold weather as the intake air charge is cold and the ecu enriches the mixture until it reaches operating temps. During the cold season leave the throtlle alone for the first minute or so after starting the bike, if you immediately try cracking the throttle there is a big chance you may flood it and that sucks to clear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts