Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear it for all those like me, who have bought the totaled piece of busted bike back from the big bad insurance companies and said ... "ha, ha, ha, my Blade still kicks, and it's paid for"

I love my blade

·
Registered
89 Posts
hwy74 said:
Let's hear it for all those like me, who have bought the totaled piece of busted bike back from the big bad insurance companies and said ... "ha, ha, ha, my Blade still kicks, and it's paid for"

I love my blade
:shocked: I like it :eek:

·
Registered
381 Posts
here is my projext X.

after

needed new subframe, new rear fairing(used 50e), side fairing(got it scratched for 25e), used speedo-meter, used front fairing, used lamp. New mirrors, couple of indicators for 10e. made undertail and lisence plate holder from aluminium. Got used PC3 and used ölhins damper cheap. Frame has been measured and it's straight. Front triples needed fixing, tubes are straight. Exhaust needed some bending and new mid-pipe. I could have straightened the mid too, but saved some work. Made new cover for the rear saddle.

Lathed some crash protection.

got it fixed up for around half the price of similar uncrashed.

I think the good point is that I don't need to keep full comp insurance now, and I don't need to worry about it, can use it much more freely at the track and for stunting... already dropped it to both sides.

·
Registered
111 Posts
JakeT said:
here is my projext X.

after

needed new subframe, new rear fairing(used 50e), side fairing(got it scratched for 25e), used speedo-meter, used front fairing, used lamp. New mirrors, couple of indicators for 10e. made undertail and lisence plate holder from aluminium. Got used PC3 and used ölhins damper cheap. Frame has been measured and it's straight. Front triples needed fixing, tubes are straight. Exhaust needed some bending and new mid-pipe. I could have straightened the mid too, but saved some work. Made new cover for the rear saddle.

Lathed some crash protection.

got it fixed up for around half the price of similar uncrashed.

I think the good point is that I don't need to keep full comp insurance now, and I don't need to worry about it, can use it much more freely at the track and for stunting... already dropped it to both sides.
wow, it looks amazing.
It's always great to see vehicles that are left for dead, back to life.....The like looks great. Any more pics?

·
Registered
381 Posts
yep, half the price of uncrashed. And good winter job, we have long winter so I had something to keep me occupied.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts