Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the blade has had all the shims done and can you believe it took about 5 mins to fire on all 4 candles it was popping and banging about but finally it took hold,Went to start it this morning and it fired up lovely,went to start it 2 hours later and it was back popping and banging for a few mins until it finally caught on 4,I decided to take the carbs off again as when i first bought the bike it had been standing and everything was full of rust,i had the fuel tank cleaned and i cleaned the carbs best i could with carb cleaner and an airline,I fitted a inline filter but after stripping the carbs today i have found a very fine brown sludge which is looks like particles of rust which have by passed the filter, now the problem might be overfueling ??due to these little particles clogging the float needles up,i am going to have the carbs ultra cleaned this week and i will have to use a tank sealer to stop the problem ive been told petseal is a very good product has anyone used it on their fuel tank ?? also when i took the carbs off and looked down the inlets there seemed to be a fair bit of fuel around the valves.any ideas cos im fast loosing my patience,:idunno:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well the blade has had all the shims done and can you believe it took about 5 mins to fire on all 4 candles it was popping and banging about but finally it took hold,Went to start it this morning and it fired up lovely,went to start it 2 hours later and it was back popping and banging for a few mins until it finally caught on 4,I decided to take the carbs off again as when i first bought the bike it had been standing and everything was full of rust,i had the fuel tank cleaned and i cleaned the carbs best i could with carb cleaner and an airline,I fitted a inline filter but after stripping the carbs today i have found a very fine brown sludge which is looks like particles of rust which have by passed the filter, now the problem might be overfueling ??due to these little particles clogging the float needles up,i am going to have the carbs ultra cleaned this week and i will have to use a tank sealer to stop the problem ive been told petseal is a very good product has anyone used it on their fuel tank ?? also when i took the carbs off and looked down the inlets there seemed to be a fair bit of fuel around the valves.any ideas cos im fast loosing my patience,:idunno:
The extra fuel is caused by the fine rusty sludge, it's keeping the needles open and allowing more fuel to leak into the cylinders.

Re-clean the tank and seal it, re-clean the carbs AFTER the tank has been sealed and all should be good.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another issue i had was the fuel filter i fitted last year was distorted out of shape like it had melted with the engine temp i suppose things get really hot where the fuel line is,maybe i bought a sub standard filter,going to see if i can get an all metal one off e bay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts