Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice blat on some favorite roads down in Essex today. Stopped in Finchingfield, a favorite haunt for East Anglian bikers, but I was the only bike in the village today!:)

Some of the tarmac was pretty fine, and grip was good. Other sections have been damaged by the frost and snow, but the Blade threaded its way elegantly through everything, still enabling me to make good progress through other traffic. What a well-mannered bike!

Blades aren't just for Christmas, they're for all year!:evilaugh:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yep... I was riding a fair bit yesterday, with lots of rain, some hail, and a fair bit of lightning... with temps in probably the high 40s.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Very cool SG. I was there myself years ago when visiting the area. Went on a Sunday and it was loaded with bikes. Unfrtunately I was in a rather small cage!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Colchester and ventured out for 20 miles today, it was only about 4C, but the roads were mostly dry!

It felt good on be on two wheels again :thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Good for you SuffolkGeezer... I'm back to commuting on my bike again, instead of trains and lifts in vans, and it's flippin brilliant :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Got mine out for a couple of tanks of sqwirt on sunday, it was real good to get out, had a run through diss and beccles, back through norwich. Felt like i hadnt been out for months not 4 weeks. Hope to get out this weekend again, kids permitting.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Same here, haven't been on it too much over the last 2 months but went for a blast yesterday and sunday last and it was great to be out and about again.

More of the same this weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You people are killing me. My bike has been in the garage since thanksgiving. I need a shift drum, shift fork, and a jet kit. I order the jet kit in December and still havn't received it. I think the company went belly up and kept my money.:thumbd: If I don't get the old girl up and running soon my wife is going to have to put me in the looney bin.:rant:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You people are killing me. My bike has been in the garage since thanksgiving.
I hear you, and feel your pain (as Slick Willy Clinton said one time).:rotfl: I have been trying to tell my Doc over here that Fireblades should be available on prescription from the NHS as they lift people's moods so much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good for you SuffolkGeezer... I'm back to commuting on my bike again, instead of trains and lifts in vans, and it's flippin brilliant :D
Is it into The Smoke you commute? I did that a few times on my Daytona 955 for work in Soho but haven't tried it yet on the Blade as I am afraid it might "disappear." I used to have an arrangement with the NCP in Poland Street they would stash the 955 behind a pillar where nobody would crunch it, but they redeveloped that one into flats or summat...:thumbd:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hey Suffolk, Finchingfield is my usual stop when I go for a local ride out. Never seen that few bikes there though! I'll see you down there one day, look out for my 'prehistoric' Blade!

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Is it into The Smoke you commute? I did that a few times on my Daytona 955 for work in Soho but haven't tried it yet on the Blade as I am afraid it might "disappear." I used to have an arrangement with the NCP in Poland Street they would stash the 955 behind a pillar where nobody would crunch it, but they redeveloped that one into flats or summat...:thumbd:
Nope, not into the smoke.. Around Oxfordshire :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts