Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
If the frame you currently have isn't damaged why do you want a new frame with a different VIN on it?

Send your name, address and phone number in a PM to a user here named 'Chain', and I'm sure he'll take care of everything for you.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I see. You have a good 'street frame'. And why can't you use it? You're willing to purchase a new one at dealer cost, but you don't want the numbers. Hmmm.
Doesn't make any sence. What's your address maybe we can return someones bike to them.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I sort of see his point (and I'm allergic to the word 'frame&#39. He wants a frame to use strictly on the track, just in case it gets binned. A blank frame, with no numbers, is next to worthless on the street without a legitimate title, so although there could be an ulterior motive...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Question. If a 'titless' frame is cheaper to get than a numbered frame, then why is this a problem? Also, if you are possibly going to bin the new frame, and it's track only, then who cares if it has a vin or not? And who cares if the vin matches one you have sitting at home in the garage? You wad the bike, then cash in your chips, go home, and put the correct titled vin numbered frame back on, and melt the other one down into fishing weights..

I guess my point is, if you are buying one with the supposition that it is going to be wrecked then who cares what number it has on it as long as you don't accidentally mix it up with your titled legit frame when assembling your race bike?
Fig

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
He wants a blank frame. No numbers whatsoever.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You can't legally get a blank frame. All frames have to have a VIN on them. The process of buying a new frame is the same for street bikes as off road. I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork to order my ATV frame, and had to take the broken one back when I rebuilt my Rincon a couple weeks back. You can't just buy one to have sitting around.
What he wants to do doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
To destroy a frame on the track takes a huge mishap. You are gonna brake a whole list of stuff long before you break a frame, so why buy a frame just to trade all your stock stuff to if you're worried about some expense in a track mishap.
Why not buy extra bodywork, levers, pegs, etc. if you're worried about a track crash? You're gonna break those long before you'll come close to needing a frame.
Why buy a frame before you need one?
It makes no sense to switch your stock stuff to a different frame just for track duty, but if that's what you want, go to E-bay and get a frame with title there.
Either he is a very miguided individual, or it is a stolen bike.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
You contradicted yourself in your own post. You CANNOT buy a blank frame. I know what it takes to buy a frame, as I just did. Honda cannot legally sell you a frame without a VIN, period. The Honda dealer HAS to get no less than the stamped portion of the frame back for every replacement frame they order. How is that so hard to grasp?
Your request for a blank frame is legally impossible, even the Factory race bikes have stamped VINs.
Go to E-Bay for a frame.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Just buy a frame with another VIN on it...what's the diff?? why does it have to be blank?? (not that you can get one that is)

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
GhostRider : Just buy a frame with another VIN on it...what's the diff?? why does it have to be blank?? (not that you can get one that is)  
Sorry about 'titless in Tucson' GhostRider.  

chrisb22, do you really doubt all of the information that has been posted already, or are you simply a

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dang I need to read more carefully...I thought this thread was about BLACK...frames...like the Erion Edition...HAHAHAHA...

I was like..I want a black powdercoated frame!!! woohooo!!!

now back to your regularly scheduled posts...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
You guys ran him off?!?! What a shame, we'll probably never know what kind of contribution he could have made to to our site. What a shame.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts