Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Tom rides likes he's asleep or stoned.
5:35 not stopping for the pedestrian at the pedestrian crossing.
And 8:08 when he says bikes are an economical means of transport isn't correct :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Good vid Loopy!

I missed that - well spotted!

Generally I would say Tom's positioning on the road is terrible, too far too the left - making the overtake of the lorry and passing parked cars far more hazardous due to the limited field of vision.

Also he should've waited for that red car to pass before overtaking the lorry - it would've only taken an extra second, rather than squeezing between the two.

He also seems to have a fetish for riding over paintwork on the road.... (but notice how little paintwork was used on the road back then).

Slowing down for the crossroads looked dodgy too - riding one handed around a bend while braking and waving the other hand around.

By the way, how does Tom pull away at the start of the video when his throttle hand is used signalling?

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Damn how rubbish was everything......Road position, too close to vehicle in front, to close to ALL vehicles when overtaking....ahh the freedom of not too much traffic....but in saying that I think I always USED to ride like the 2nd guy, but nowadays I'm a lot more sensible...(bugga! Must be my age):(
Tom keeps the bike moving when he's not got his hand on the throttle (when he's waving to his mates) by the use of MAGIC....Destructo didn't you see the "M" on the tank:idunno: That stands for MAGIC back in the 60's:rotfl:

Have you noticed that Tom looks like a 60's version of our Del boy..Fighter ? !:D

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
How the hell Tom can see anything out of those goggles is another thing - the centre section is so wide, he can only look sideways!

I like the L plates over the headlights too!

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
How the hell Tom can see anything out of those goggles is another thing - the centre section is so wide, he can only look sideways!

I like the L plates over the headlights too!
:rotfl:True! I think the 'L-plate' on the headlight is so it makes a pretty light at night :idunno: :rotfl: :rotfl::lmao::lmao:

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Tom rides likes he's asleep or stoned.
And 8:08 when he says bikes are an economical means of transport isn't correct :)
:plus1:
Toms friend rides like macca did when he first got his bike.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
:plus1:
Toms friend rides like macca did when he first got his bike.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I used to ride far madder than him :)
At one time I was averaging a crash every six weeks :)

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
I used to ride far madder than him :)
At one time I was averaging a crash every six weeks :)
At times I think I might have had the edge on you blade.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Twas a learning curve thats for sure.:eek:
All the best for the new year mate.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
At times I think I might have had the edge on you blade.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Twas a learning curve thats for sure.:eek:
All the best for the new year mate.:thumb:

Awesome! I've never met anybody that's crashed as much as I have - not on the road at least :) I knew a racer that crashed probably every second time he went out the pit exit. Sure was persistant though :)
Same to you Macca :)
Road toll not looking the best - two riders killed last night.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
Awesome! I've never met anybody that's crashed as much as I have - not on the road at least :) I knew a racer that crashed probably every second time he went out the pit exit. Sure was persistant though :)
Same to you Macca :)
Road toll not looking the best - two riders killed last night.
Thats not good, I don't know what the toll is for N.S.W at the moment but sadly I think we have the most fatalities and seeing as it's been raining here since Boxing day it won't be pleasant.:crap:
They started to call me stacka instead of macca for a time. :hmm: :rotfl: I think the transition from a 175 trail bike to an RD 350 could have had something to do with it. :rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts