Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have more problems,, ok i blow (light white smoke) when i rev the bike in neutral, i did look and my coolent was empty in the res.added some and some mixed with h20, still blowing smoke.any ideas plz

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i have more problems,, ok i blow (light white smoke) when i rev the bike in neutral, i did look and my coolent was empty in the res.added some and some mixed with h20, still blowing smoke.any ideas plz

This is with the engine warmed up after a ride?
The reservoir doesn't matter.
Is the radiator full?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt get to check the radiator, got dark, but i filled the res, a while ago and now its empty, i start it for a min or two let it idle and rev it and smoke on the revs,,, also my #2 carb spits back? i live in florida never cold

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
didnt get to check the radiator, got dark, but i filled the res, a while ago and now its empty, i start it for a min or two let it idle and rev it and smoke on the revs,,, also my #2 carb spits back? i live in florida never cold

It's not unusual to see some white smoke from a cold engine.
Are the header pipes all similar temperatures?
Has the bike been sitting for a while?
Have you changed anything before the carb started playing up?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bike sat for two weeks dead batt, bought a new one(old one said had a weak charge hold) headers are full yoshi exhaust, i had a hesitation when would rev, put on new carbs that i got free and one spits and white smoke, but no hesitation

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
bike sat for two weeks dead batt, bought a new one(old one said had a weak charge hold) headers are full yoshi exhaust, i had a hesitation when would rev, put on new carbs that i got free and one spits and white smoke, but no hesitation

Why did you replace the carbs?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to see if the carbs where giving me the hesitation, if i need to sync them or clean them, i used seafoam and got i results, so i swapped

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
to see if the carbs where giving me the hesitation, if i need to sync them or clean them, i used seafoam and got i results, so i swapped

I would think you would need to jet them to suit the exhaust system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
soeey another question the tree wire coming and going to the stator done need to connect in any order or will it mess ug the charging phases

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
soeey another question the tree wire coming and going to the stator done need to connect in any order or will it mess ug the charging phases
Nope. All three phases are the same so it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wouldnt think that it wouold that big of an effect but i'll look into that. my bad on the typing

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
i wouldnt think that it wouold that big of an effect but i'll look into that. my bad on the typing

If you mean putting a full exhaust system on won't have much effect, it's just the opposite and would certainly benefit from rejetting.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
so is white smoke oil or coolent?

Coolant generally but oil being burned without flame tends to be white.
Sounds like it's just condensation though.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
well i had the exhaust on for a while a have had no problems untill now
The hesitation just started recently?
It was fine before?
Have you replaced the air filter and spark plugs recently?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
plugs where brand new, filter was not(used)only problem i had before was charging system which is all new and it hesitated a bit but th r/r was bad and didnt give the right power at the right time of rpm, once i replaced that i was good until it sat for two weeks and then dead batt, hesitation and smoke,, it did get rained on but had a semiwater rest. cover

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
plugs where brand new, filter was not(used)only problem i had before was charging system which is all new and it hesitated a bit but th r/r was bad and didnt give the right power at the right time of rpm, once i replaced that i was good until it sat for two weeks and then dead batt, hesitation and smoke,, it did get rained on but had a semiwater rest. cover
Have you checked for water in the tank?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
right now i have a bottle set up as a temp tank 32oz bottle drilled hole and the line is enserted and duct taped for air tight(all gas) but the hesitation is gone with the new carbs that the #2 spits, if i put my hand over the v-stack it does nothing on the other 3 it will start to air starve the motor and you can hear the diff

·
Registered
378 Posts
Carbs sound like they need to be sinked, If the tank is air tight it will cause a lean condition. It needs to be vented, The stock tank is vented

1 - 20 of 22 Posts