Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a problem with the main 30A fuse blowing on there Blade, mine blew twice last weekend, the first time i was doing a wheelstand and put it down @ about 10,500rpm and it just lost all power (engine, instruments lights etc) checked all the connections etc, replaced the fuse and about an hour later same thing happened again hit the rev limiter and it just died! has this happened to anyone else? hasnt happened since, i will check the the voltage to make sure that its not overcharging although i havnt had time to do it yet. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Jungleboy : Payback? uve lost me?
He was implying your abusing your bike stunting it, not something it was designed for Reguardless, its usualy a short somewhere ot a voltage spike that blowes fuses. Start checking for broken, frayed wires, worn through insulation, and check the alternator and/or voltage regulator output.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'd be looking for a wire or wires that might have been pinched/severed and shorted to ground after a less than gentle touch-down from a wheelie.

Good luck with finding the problem.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thanks guys, but it didnt come down hard at all (didnt even bottom out) and it only had about 1300 km on it when this first happened,then happened again about 100km later, ive done another 500ks on it since and it hasnt happened since, which is strange as if a wire was damaged you'd think it would be getting worse? I was thinking maybe a voltage spike as it was at high rpms both times, I guess Ill just have to wait untill next time i go the oldies place to use the multimeter.

p.s. not a stunter, just like to wheelie occausionally!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts