Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a pic in above of a blue dashed 954. the yellow kinda looks a bit old i reckon and the light blue led like the r1s would look pretty neat i reckon. anyone got any links or ideas on how i could look into this.. ??

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'll see if I an dig it up somewhere. Are you experienced with desoldering and soldering surface mount components? Those are the types of LED's Involved to do this. Cant remember if resistor values need to be changed when you change the L.E.D.'s

This guy does the mod.
LEDMODS.NET    

·
Registered
135 Posts
I installed the Illumiglo guage in my 954. It was not the easiest install, but if you have intermediate mechanical/electrical skills, it is no problem. You have to remove the guage cluster, open it up, and place an iluminating decal over the tach face. (needle removal is not nesassary). Then you have to splice a power wire into the headlight curcuit. Over all, it is a cool looking mod.:thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Get you a digikey cataloug and order the led's. The cluster is a bitch to take apart though. I did my rc51 and looked killer ,but it was only one board where the 954 has two boards contected by about 50 pins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts