Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a bluetooth enabled cell phone that will allow the bluetooth connection to share the internet? I have a work provided Blackberry, and bought a bluetooth usb adapter for my laptop. To my dismay the only connection the Blackberry provides is a wireless Headphone. Was kind of cool checking my voicemail through the speakers on my computer, but not that cool.

I want to use a cell phone as a modem basically, but it seems lately that has fallen out of style. I went to the sprint store and they didn't sell cables to connect to your laptop. The moron that attempted to help me proclaimed, "I don't even have the internet at home."
Any ideas?
Fig

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The trick is to look for phones that have both Bluetooth and either GPRS, EDGE, or UMTS connectivity. Then, once you pair the device with your computer, you just have to know the funky dialing string to send to the "modem" in the phone. I think for AT&T Wireless it's **99## or something like that. Google would know.

Every SonyEricsson phone I have seen with bluetooth can run in this fashion, as well as most Nokias. I don't know about Motorola.

Hope this helps... if you need more specific help, feel free to PM.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Bitch, I leave you voicemail and you don't call? But you seem to have the time to post.

Must be a bluetooth thing...;)

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
:rotfl:

Your cell. I'll call you later...believe it or not, I'm working.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I have been reading a lot in the above links. Looks like my Blackberry from work will not share anything other than the earpiece through bluetooth. I am pretty happy with Sprint right now and have a contract for about another year and a half. I am hoping that they will come out with a phone I can connect to. I am checking into the V551.
Thanks all,
Fig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts