Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I didn't see any recent posts about this, but I was wondering who was using Bluetooth integrated helmets, and what brands people preferred. I am looking to get a new lid and was thinking Bluetooth would be a nice feature to have. It would mostly be used for music and navigation, and the occasional phone call I'm sure. Many reviews I've seen say they have shotty speakers in them, and at freeway speeds you have to have the music turned up to full blast just to hear it at all. I'd prefer not to have to do that and would like better sound quality. Also for phone calls I'd like whoever is on the other end to be able to hear what I'm saying without it sounding like a wind tunnel. Any helmets that really seem to work well for people? Would I be better off just getting a nice quiet helmet and getting an aftermarket Bluetooth setup?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, I can't speak for integrated helmets but I use the interphone f4 Bluetooth kit connected to my iPhone and it works great for calls, music, satnav and also talking to other riders in our group with interphones. It came with 2 mics, one for open face and one for full face helmets which I have. It was easy to install in my HJC lid. If I'm using it as a phone I'd say it's fine up to around 100mph and then it's a struggle to hear and to for others to hear me, although I also have a pretty loud exhaust! The speakers are ok for music but I wouldn't say they were great, they don't have much bass to them and can be quite 'tinny'. I use the copilot satnav app on my phone and it's been brilliant, much better than my tomtom and a lot less hassle. The battery on the interphone lasts for hours. It also works with Siri and voice commands by pressing the button twice to activate it. I would highly recommend it and I'm sure they've released newer versions with improved speakers since I bought mine. Hope that helps....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts