Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this deal while looking around on Yoshimura's website. Under clearance products they have the BMC Race filter for the 900($30) and 929/954 for $28 plus shipping. For that price I ordered one for my 954 and the total was $40 shipped. For anyone considering one of these filters this is a great price while they last.

Yoshimura Clearance Motorcycle, and ATV Full System and Slip On Exhaust Mufflers

·
Registered
993 Posts
I found this deal while looking around on Yoshimura's website. Under clearance products they have the BMC Race filter for the 900($30) and 929/954 for $28 plus shipping. For that price I ordered one for my 954 and the total was $40 shipped. For anyone considering one of these filters this is a great price while they last.

Yoshimura Clearance Motorcycle, and ATV Full System and Slip On Exhaust Mufflers
Thanks for the post!

NICE! I'd like to know if the site is reputable... you know what they say about something that is to good to be true...

Let us know if you actually get a BMC filter:D

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my BMC filter today. Brand new old stock. Best deal you are going to find anywhere if you want one of these filters while they last.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered one and when I received it in the mail It did not have the orange line across the filter indicative of it being a race version vs street. Did yours have the line?

RACE BIKE FILTERS | Products | car - bike - racing - carbon dynamic airbox | BMC Air Filter
There is no orange line on the race filter for my 954. I have not seen a street version to compare the differences. The part number on the box indicates whether or not it is a street filter or a race filter. If you click on the different part numbers in the link below you will notice that the pictures do not show an orange line like the picture on the first page.

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/bike-filters/race-bike-filters/parts_prd_pr3_16_1.aspx

RACE BIKE FILTERS FM300/04RACE | car - bike - racing - carbon dynamic airbox | BMC Air Filter

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know the pictures are a bad illustration of any sort of detail. According to the BMC website " BMC RACE filters are identified by an orange line inside the filtering body." The pics only show one side of the filter so who the heck knows. If the line isn't an actual visual indicator then BMC could (not likely) just throw a label on the box and use the same filter for the street and race version and the consumer may never know the difference :huh: Or how would they avoid errors with cross shipping and packaging the wrong item?

Seems like something is wrong here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
just what I was afraid of. The pics on the bmc website are the same for the race and non race versions. Check it out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i got one the the bmc race filters a cpl wks ago, i took out the flapper thing in the airbox and did the pair valve block off plates and picked up 4hp on the dyno from that. so i do think it works as it clames it does.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i got one the the bmc race filters a cpl wks ago, i took out the flapper thing in the airbox and did the pair valve block off plates and picked up 4hp on the dyno from that. so i do think it works as it clames it does.
Did u order that filter from the yoshimura clearance site? If u say it's the race then does it have the orange line on the filter?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts