Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bmw s1000rr have sent out a service message to dealers noting eccessive engine wear caused by owners running in bikes incorrectly,all new bikes leaving showrooms have to have ecu programmed to restrict revs to 9000 revs for breakin mileage

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Something Ive always wondered why dont manufacturers run in the engines before they leave the factory??
I'm sure they do if you mean each individual engine but only long enough to do initial checks. You can also be assured many hours have been put on mule engines for testing so you really wonder how this could happen. Then again, how did it happen to Honda with their oil consumption isssues.

Stay tunes I guess.

·
Registered
824 Posts
i think middle of the road is best...dont baby it...dont redline every gear...i kept my cbr under 9k for the first 200 miles...under 11k for the next 500 and then just rode normal....the whole time though i would never just cruise...i was always at least half throttle accelerating or decellerating the same RPM range i had just accelerated through...and my cbr makes great power and has no oil issues...none, nadda, zip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This one's another, BMW announces recall over potential fire hazard! More than 32,000 vehicles have been integrated in a BMW recall, in which a component could pose a fire danger. The situation, exclusively contained to certain models made between 2008 and 2011, is with a part that can smolder and burn in automobiles with either 8 or 12-cylinder turbocharged engines. It is just disheartening that the engineers have been unable to fix this problem for over years now. :3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.