Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new body from Shark Skinz. For those who don't know they make custom hand laid fiberglass body kits, but they don't have mounting tabs for any of the light, what is the best method for solving this situation?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Just ordered a new body from Shark Skinz. For those who don't know they make custom hand laid fiberglass body kits, but they don't have mounting tabs for any of the light, what is the best method for solving this situation?
Get some fibreglass mat and resin and glass in some mounting tabs and/or captive nuts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I've seen them before, but what are captive nuts? I'm not much of a body guy, good ideas, but no real talent for it

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Maybe I've seen them before, but what are captive nuts? I'm not much of a body guy, good ideas, but no real talent for it
A captive nut is one that is held in place so you don't need to be able to reach it to hold it when screwing a bolt into it. They can be held by expanding rubber, spring clips, knurling, etc. For glassing in you'd probably want knurled ones but you can also just put normal nuts in the resin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts