Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I screwed myself on this one. Make a long story short, I lost the 2 bolts that hold the front seat of my 900rr on. I tried every bolt that looked like it could fit, and I have yet to find one that works. Anyway can someone tell em what is the bolt size?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I screwed myself on this one. Make a long story short, I lost the 2 bolts that hold the front seat of my 900rr on. I tried every bolt that looked like it could fit, and I have yet to find one that works. Anyway can someone tell em what is the bolt size?
According to the fiche they're just common M6x20 bolts but you will also need the spacers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I orderd a entire bolt kit for my 900RR from pitposse.com you get like 260 bolts that are for the entire bike the kit is like 40 bucks a very good investment.Because you never know when you may need another bolt for somthing else on your machine

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I orderd a entire bolt kit for my 900RR from pitposse.com you get like 260 bolts that are for the entire bike the kit is like 40 bucks a very good investment.Because you never know when you may need another bolt for somthing else on your machine
I generally replace all the bolts on my bikes and cars with stainless socketheads so I keep lots of them on hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Also the kit has OEM style bolts and alen heads so if you want to go original style bolts thats the way to go check out that site the have great prices on there stuff i also bought the quick release d-rings for the fairings those are handy

·
Registered
205 Posts
just as a note lol i havent had my seat bolted down since i have owned the bike if your butts on it its not going anywhere and if your butts not on it im sure your seat flying off would be the least of your worrys lol

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
just as a note lol i havent had my seat bolted down since i have owned the bike if your butts on it its not going anywhere and if your butts not on it im sure your seat flying off would be the least of your worrys lol
The seats on most of my bikes just sit loose as well.
Only on the track it has to be fastened down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah I think you could ride with the bolts off, my seat will stay on too.

Just for security so you don't want someone fiddling with your battery/wires...and better to have it bolted down for safety anyway.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have lost mine a couple of times on the ZX6 and GSXR when jumping speed bumps.

Reactions: WyoJames

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The seats on most of my bikes just sit loose as well.
Only on the track it has to be fastened down.
Ding ding ding.

I never felt the need to bolt it down except once when I knocked it half way off while leaned all the way over in a turn, but it never fell off the bike, anyway I got a trackday coming up in 2 weeks and needed to bolt the seat down.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow, I just went for a ride today and while at the gas station I got off and tried to pull my bike backward and voila! the seat came off!

How embarrassing-- I forgot to put on the bolts from last week.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I forgot to bolt down the seat of my R6 track bike and the seat flew off on the way to the track :( I had to put a piece of cardboard on teh subframe and wrapped it with a whole bunch of duct tape. It was uncomfortable, but i got my track fix that weekend :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
if you go to your local hardware/speciality shop (not home depot or lowe's), you could put together the same bolts for less than 1/2 pitposse's price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts