Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just signed up for my first track/instructional day, FAST I will be doing phase 1 of 3 offered.

I’m really looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully becoming a better rider. I’m almost as nervous as I am excited about the day though, don't know really what to expect or how well I will do. Any tips or suggestions you track gurus can offer?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
WTFG..... :thumb:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
You're going to have a great time! Be warned...it's very addicting and the street will never seem the same. Try to be prepared by bringing anything and everything you might need for the day (tools, water, food, spare parts, etc.), and just remember to relax and breathe!

·
Registered
887 Posts
welcome to the addiction :evilaugh: :thumb:

I'll reserve you a seat in the "TA" class: Track-aholics Anonymous! :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Congratulations my Canadian Brother!! :clap: :cheers:

Consider yourself fairly warned though. It IS very addicting. When I just had the Bandit, I thought I had gone to heaven the first time I was at the track. Then last year, when I had the TLR there for the first time, I was ever higher than before. And the first time you touch a knee, believe me, you'd better have some extra room in the crotch of the leathers 'cause SCHWIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG, it's a feeling you won't soon forget.

I think Red Rider said it best, "Street riding will never be the same."

I ass-u-me you'll be going to Shannonville??

Keep us informed pal, let us know how you make out.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Getting out there the first time can be intimidating but try to just relax as much as you can. A few laps in things will start to click and you'll have a great time. Let us know how it went! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Newfie TLR said:
Congratulations my Canadian Brother!! :clap: :cheers:

Consider yourself fairly warned though. It IS very addicting. When I just had the Bandit, I thought I had gone to heaven the first time I was at the track. Then last year, when I had the TLR there for the first time, I was ever higher than before. And the first time you touch a knee, believe me, you'd better have some extra room in the crotch of the leathers 'cause SCHWIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG, it's a feeling you won't soon forget.

I think Red Rider said it best, "Street riding will never be the same."

I ass-u-me you'll be going to Shannonville??

Keep us informed pal, let us know how you make out.

All you guys are starting to scare me!! :evilaugh:

If soon after the track day you see a 954 (with a 600RR on the way) in the for sale section you'll know I've become a track addict!!

Thanks Newfie TLR!! :cheers: Yes, I will be at Shannonville for this event.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
By far the most exciting, fun thing I've ever done. You WILL become an addict. Just be cool out there on the track, keep it safe and have fun! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You will enjoy FAST. I did 1 and 2 a couple of years ago. Every helpful program. When are you going? Make sure you ask LOTS of questions. And get the extra insurance, is a few extra bucks, but gives you peace of mind. You will be using Nelson, which is not a fast track, so don't feel scared, there is nothing to be scared of. My friends girlfriend did Day 1, last year, and she has only been riding for a couple of months. If you can handle a 954 on the street, the Day 1 FAST will be no problem. Get plenty of rest the night before, as you will get tired.

And remember, the trick to being good on the track is smooth, smooth, smooth...

Enjoy, you will love it!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts