Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I'm going to be doing more track days next year and I have a nice set of cortech boots that have been getting some dust on them because unfortunately, my right foot is a little fatter than my left. And YES I know, my boots are a size larger than my actual shoe sizes so I have thought about it.

My left foot zips and velcros fine but my right doesn't as well. Has anyone ever had zippers on their boots altered for similar situations?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
ive not had a similar situation. is it an extra toe? i have a friend with an extra toe. no kidding. :)

im not sure if he does boot alterations, but most of my local forum crew use barnacle bill for leather repair and alteration. i wouldnt imagine doing a boot zipper would be out of the question.

he has a big following among the WERA group as well. ive heard nothing but great things about his work.

maybe shoot him a message or give him a call n see what he says.

Barnacle Bill's Racing Leather

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to follow up with my leather cortech riding boots, my local shoe repair shop and the were able to alter the zipper and stretch the leather which actually worked out really well. It was just once section of the zipper that couldn't go around my ankle on one foot.

So for everyone to know they can take their boots to local shoe shops to get repairs depending on the work needing to be done

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I take my boots, gloves and leathers to my local cobbler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts