Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Gawd, when Azamat's balls were in his face... :rotfl:

Went on opening night... first time I've waited in a long line to see a movie since Lion King I think.

I like when he brings the hooker to the society dinner.

I wonder if he'll do a Bruno movie? There's already an Ali G one.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Went to see it this Saturday just gone. Very good, not life changing but very funny. I'd give it 7 out of 10.

The bag of poo :rotfl:

In general the US folk came out of it very well, but I thought the scene in the church was very disturbing. I'm assuming (hoping) it was staged and not real :idunno:

Apparently he stopped a guy in the street and in character as Borat asked him for "sexy time". Hugh Laurie (Dr. House bloke) had to drag him to safety. Supposedly good chums, both from very well off backgrounds, expensive private schools and Cambridge University (I thing Borat got a First in History, not sure)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I was really looking forward to seeing this movie...until I went to the unofficial Borat web site and watched a few of the edit cuts they have there.

I must say it was very disappointing. None of it was funny. None of it would've even made it on a watered down Saturday Night Live show. I think Balkie (Bronson Pinchot) was legues above this guy. And with exectly the same humor. The only thing different is that Borat throws in a bunch of "Jackjass" bits into it. Definitely not a Jackass fan.

Please tell me there is some humor in it. I still might go see it when I have to visit the inlaws next week up in Oregon.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Maybe you just don't get that kind of humour. It's 2 things:

1. exposing ignorant people and getting them to say stupid shit (you should shave your mustache you look like one a' them muslim terrorists)

2. putting people in extremely uncomfortable / inappropriate situations.

Not for everybody but it fucking just slays me. :rotfl:

edit: Balkie? come on now... Hey isn't he starring in the new "Bachelor"?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After seeing this movie, I signed us up for HBO just so we could watch Da Ali G Show.

I didn't realize this guy was the French dude in Talladega Nights. Currency for dogs and cats....lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts