Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both marker/tail lights are out on my '01 929. The brake lights work fine, and the bulbs are both relatively new (1 is 2-3 months old). Is it possible the filament burned out in both for the tail lights and not the brake lights? I have had the brake light and tail light (dual filament in same bulb) burn out one at a time but both at the same exact time even though 1 bulb is almost new? :idunno:

What do you guys/gals think?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It's possible for the filament to burn out for the taillight first, since it's always on, but it's weird that it happened to both at the same time. I'd get a replacement bulb first and try it, they're cheap enough. Otherwise, check your connectors and wiring.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Use a testlight or a voltmeter. Next time but LongLife or HeavyDuty bulbs.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Make sure the wires haven't come off from the brake light trigger on the front brake lever and the spring is still connected on the rear brake lever.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guy's. I checked them and it is the bulbs!!!! Damn cheap OEM honda bulbs :rant:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
LOL, I know you dude ... they broke when you came down from a wheelie. Just replace them and keep a couple spares in the trunk. :thumb:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
firedawgon929 said:
LOL, I know you dude ... they broke when you came down from a wheelie. Just replace them and keep a couple spares in the trunk. :thumb:

Hahaha...yeah I just went out in this pouring rain and got 2 new bulbs....$8 hope these last for more than a couple of months.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CBRjack said:
Or get a '54 and never worry about the LEDs.

Or get a new 1000RR or Gixxer 1K! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts