Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I bought RonnieJ's 929 he had in the for sale section here. It's been raining here so I haven't had a chance to ride it except for my test ride. I looked on Ebay yesterday for frame sliders for it, and found Shogun brand sliders for $30.00. Are these a good choice? I have never had frame sliders before, so I don't know if there are certain types or brands to avoid.

As well, the bike has a yoshi slip-on. With just a slip-on can, do I need to have a PC or anything of that sort as long as I stick with OEM air filters?

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Hamburgler said:
Hey all. I bought RonnieJ's 929 he had in the for sale section here. It's been raining here so I haven't had a chance to ride it except for my test ride. I looked on Ebay yesterday for frame sliders for it, and found Shogun brand sliders for $30.00. Are these a good choice? I have never had frame sliders before, so I don't know if there are certain types or brands to avoid.

As well, the bike has a yoshi slip-on. With just a slip-on can, do I need to have a PC or anything of that sort as long as I stick with OEM air filters?

Thanks ahead of time.
No real need for a pc with a slip on....it wouldn't hurt to have one with a custom map, but like I said, no real need for one. Stick with the OEM filter no matter what you do.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Congrats Hamburgler! :thumb: I forget what bike you had prior to this, but you are gonna love the 929. As for frame sliders, the Intuitive brand gets a lot of :thumb: . As I always add, whatever you get, make sure you install the differing length bolts on the correct sides.

edit: actually took the time to look at your avatar and see that you have (or had) a viffer...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats!!!!!! You will love the 929, its a great bike and has good useable power for the street. I got the Intuitive frame sliders and they work well, ya as Bacchus stated make sure you use the correct length bolts as they are different. As for slip on exhaust it depends what you want and the sound you want. You can just buy alum, CF or titanium one. Power wise most slip ons are pretty close. I went with the Hindle Ti slip on and loving it, good price and looks way better than the HUGE round stock can. Ya stick with OEM filter, BMC and K&N make aftermarket ones but you might run lean as some guys on the board do with them then you will need the PC.
Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's up? I just bought a 929 also and love it. today my "Extreme Shogun" frame sliders came to my door, and I just installed them in about 4 minutes. They seem very nice to me, although I hope I don't have to test their durability ;) Oh yeah, I got them off ebay for $23 dollars too! :thumb:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the blk shogun and they are ok. I believe they would help protect the frame in a crash, but not the plastics, Hence Frame sliders/protectors.. I do think they would be of help though.

I have PC3 and BMC Race filter. The bike feels alot stronger in the mid range and top end. I have to remap because I also have a 2 bros full system just installed last weekend.. I will load in a new map this weekend. With the mods and no remap (except stock PC3 map), the bike feels sluggish under 2,000 rpm. After that she SCREAMS!!! :thumb:

Took out a 2001 R1 on the Hwy last Saturday.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Us 929 guys have to stick together.. :D

Good Luck!

Theo

Hamburgler said:

Thanks ahead of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts