Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. I just bought new fairings from https://www.nicecycle.com/ for my 2005 CBR1000RR does anybody have any suggestions to make it easier to replace my old ones?
Best place to start?
easy way to get head light assy out and re installed?
things need to watch for or be careful of?

I will post pics of before and after when I get them. Am going from an out dated REPSOL to orange with silver flames.... Love orange :eyebrows:

Forgot to mention I also bought the fairing bolt kit

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well here they are installed, it was dark when I took the pics so they are kinda dark, will need to get the rest of the (REPSOL) orange repainted to match the new colors.

The fairings overall where easy to install, however the new bolt kit I bought for $70.00 wasnt worth a crap.... Dont waste your money the Allen heads are so small and are SAE which is ok if you live in USA but any where else not so easy to buy at local hardware store.... METRIC!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The fairings overall where easy to install, however the new bolt kit I bought for $70.00 wasnt worth a crap.... Dont waste your money the Allen heads are so small and are SAE which is ok if you live in USA but any where else not so easy to buy at local hardware store.... METRIC!

Metric fasteners that require imperial tools?
Whoever came up with that idea should be shot :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I've used those before. It's what happens when you live in a country that can't pick between imperial and metric.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metric fasteners that require imperial tools?
Whoever came up with that idea should be shot :)
I really dont know what they where, I bought 2 new set of allen wrenches, they where either to big or just a C hair small, luckily a friend had a set that he brought from USA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts