1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Bitch operator should be fired.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
I read the whole article and it is a terrible shame about the poor kids mother. Two things that stood out though were that 1/4 of all calls are prank (why are we not skinning those morons) and "Officials said the 911 operator will be disciplined, but because of her years of service she will not be fired"

·
Registered
902 Posts
At least the kid was able to reach 911. Here in Kansas City, we passed a tax increase to help emergency services years ago. We had to call 911 last week and after put on hold for 5 minutes, the conversation went something like a tech support call to a Microsoft drone. After having to repeat the address a dozen times and all details over and over, we finally had 4 fire trucks, helicopter, police, and a whole road full of utility trucks to throw water on a burned down garage. w00t!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Welcome to Detroit. This shit happens far too frequently.:rant: She'll get off with a wrist slap. You should've seen the little boy on the news report crying over the whole incident... :crap:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
saw this on the news last night. fucking moron operator.

In my town they can't deny any call. I was told about one call where a lady called and said she needed an ambulance to take her son to the hopsital because he was complaining about a rug burn.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
On our phone system, you used to have to dial "9" to get an outside line (has since been changed) and one evening I was calling my sister in LA so I dialed 9,1 and accidently hit the "1" twice. Anyway, not knowing the drill when the 911 operator answered, I just said "sorry" and hung up. I then called my sister and we were talking for about 20 minutes when 2 County Deputy Sheriffs arrived at the door of my office with guns drawn and mmmmm "asked me" to put down the phone and produce some identification. After a few minutes of attempting to explain that there wasn't any emergency, (and watching the caller ID on the ringing phone light up with my sister's and then my mom's number), I thanked the deputies and they did a walk around and left.

Seems to work pretty well out here . . .

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
LEO here have to respond to every 911 call, regardless of the caller declining assistance. Detroit does not have such a policy...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That operator should be fired without hesitation. Although we have taken in much less than a rugburn, we don't deny service for anyone who calls. I get annoyed with 911 abuse but as the example shows, complacency once will cost a life.....

I'd rather get woke up for 10 false calls and bitch all night long than have a call like this one where we didn't respond when we should have...

:twocents:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
When I first heard this from a friend, all I could say is "You're friggin' kidding me."

Hearing the 911 call, and then seeing the kid on the news broke my heart.

This is a rare instance in which the media SHOULD crawl up in her ass so far, she shouldn't know whether to shit or go sail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts