Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the European 2002 Fireblade and this is my history:

First I start to feel some spongy level, the advise in that moment was, "change the brake fluid", and one mech told me that change to DOT 5, He did it he wash the master pump and the caliper (externally)after that, the spongy level still.:crying:
The mech told me "change your pads", and I changed it with some aftermarket pads (front and rear), then I start to feel some "braked wheel...:rant:

Today I was to another mech and he check first the rear brake, the new pads was methalic compound, he told me that that kind of compund is not for the rear brake:huh:

Second, He show me that in each caliper, not the 4 pistons return to their position, due to a bad cleaning or bad piston seal, maybe there was DOT4 remainders???. and for that reason I have the braked wheel.
I`m so confused about this issue and need some adivises.:crap:

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Yup, and the steel lines will eliminate the T junction that the stock lines have, which traps air. Also, get a bleeder bolt at the Master Cylinder side as well, it'll help get the last bit of air out. I hope your mechanic put in DOT 5.1, not DOT 5. DOT 5 is silicone based and is incompatible with DOT 4. You should be using DOT 4 or DOT 5.1, never DOT 5.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Stainless lines are a huge help. They dont expand the way the stock rubber lines do. If you have the $$ switch the rotors out to the Galfer Wave rotor. My buddy has the whole shabang on his bike and never felt brakes like that. One finger stop on a dime power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts