Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

I need some help. My indicators won't work unless my lights are on and my brake light won't work unless the lights are off. The indicators work fine when the lights are on and my brake light illuminates when the lights are off.

I am really confused. I don't know much about motorbike electronics, can anyone suggest what this could be please, or where to start looking.

It is a CBR900RR 1999.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Hi , is it the same for the tail lights when you use the front brake lever and the rear brake pedal separately , as the tail light switch and indicator relay are on the same relay wiring

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,144 Posts
Morning all,

I need some help. My indicators won't work unless my lights are on and my brake light won't work unless the lights are off. The indicators work fine when the lights are on and my brake light illuminates when the lights are off.

I am really confused. I don't know much about motorbike electronics, can anyone suggest what this could be please, or where to start looking.

It is a CBR900RR 1999.
Well, lets start with the fact that no "lights" should work without the key turned to "on". So if you have lights that work without the key on, then you have a constant hot wired into something incorrectly. OR, I'm not understanding what you're saying lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi , is it the same for the tail lights when you use the front brake lever and the rear brake pedal separately , as the tail light switch and indicator relay are on the same relay wiring
It's okay figured it now, was my own stupidity.

I had to wire a new rear light in and I just had a couple of spade connectors exposed so they must have touching each other. Fixed now with the help of electrical tape.

Thanks anyway.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:doh: :smilebig:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts