Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here, I have been reading for awhile and I'm looking for access to the brake wire to install a back off XL module. Could someone please just tell me which wire it is and where to find it under the seat area? I have google searched a thousand sites and videos and the wiring harness diagram requires a brain like I don't have. I appreciate the help.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
what machine do you have, and what is a "backoff XL module" :idunno:

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
after some research, he has a VTX 1300.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Your brake/taillight has 3 wires, Mike:

Green: ground
Brown: constant hot (when on)
Green/Yellow: signal (when brake applied)

as per your aftermarket part's installation directions, I bet you are to splice into the G/Y wire, since that's what you want to "flash".

the physical location... I'd pull the lens off, and just trace the wires back until you find a good location to mount thay box.

good luck. keep us posted, and post pictures when you're done, so others can learn from this too, yeah? :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before I joined here I pulled the lens off, which led me to another piece that came off, which led me to the rest of the housing which unscrews from the tire side, which was near impossible. This is why I figured I'd ask if someone just knew where it was under the seat.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
oh. well, you're welcome for all the information anyway.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,651 Posts
Generally on a Honda Cruiser, the tail light wires will snake up into the top side of the rear fender, either directly under the passenger seat (if separate) or along one of the fender side rails, and will usually terminate under the main seat at a 3 pin connector. Not as familiar with a VTX, but the connector may also be behind a side cover under the main seat, if the VTX has side covers. As UNslow1 mentioned, the bundle of wires will be a green, brown, and probably a green/yellow.

Of course, if you have a Honda manual, the locations of connections and wire paths are outlined in the manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Generally on a Honda Cruiser, the tail light wires will snake up into the top side of the rear fender, either directly under the passenger seat (if separate) or along one of the fender side rails, and will usually terminate under the main seat at a 3 pin connector. Not as familiar with a VTX, but the connector may also be behind a side cover under the main seat, if the VTX has side covers. As UNslow1 mentioned, the bundle of wires will be a green, brown, and probably a green/yellow.

Of course, if you have a Honda manual, the locations of connections and wire paths are outlined in the manual.
Ok thanks. I'll take a look there. I appreciate the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your brake/taillight has 3 wires, Mike:

Green: ground
Brown: constant hot (when on)
Green/Yellow: signal (when brake applied)

as per your aftermarket part's installation directions, I bet you are to splice into the G/Y wire, since that's what you want to "flash".

the physical location... I'd pull the lens off, and just trace the wires back until you find a good location to mount thay box.

good luck. keep us posted, and post pictures when you're done, so others can learn from this too, yeah? :thumb:
thanks for the wiring info, appreciate it. I'll try to remember to post pictures as I do it. For now I put it back together and will try again another night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts