Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought my first motorcycle, a cbr 929 rr 2000 with 60 000km! I spent a lot of time reading online about this bike and I just cant wait to try it! So I got the bike from a shop for like 2000$ (cnd$) and they told me all that I needed to do on it was the chain kit. It as a stering dampper already witch I was told is a must for this bike but that is pretty much it. The color is probaly going first because i just hate it... not sure if ill buy a chinese fairing or just paint the damn thing.

Could anyone tell me what mods are a must have whether it is for safety or looks. I dont even have the bike with me... it's still in the shop until spring but I have some picture i can drop! so here is the toy ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
:twocents:

The best mod you can do right now is make sure that everything works as it should. Ride it for a few months and then start changing/improving/upgrading things to your liking. The steering damper is a good upgrade, make sure it is adjusted properly. Enjoy, be safe/smart and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jdoni, I'll ride it for a wile like this then. But for the colors it needs to go hehe. Is it worth it to go with a full paint job or juste a new set of fairing? I'm Kindle of on a budget for this. Ty!

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Thanks jdoni, I'll ride it for a wile like this then. But for the colors it needs to go hehe. Is it worth it to go with a full paint job or juste a new set of fairing? I'm Kindle of on a budget for this. Ty!
it wouldn't look so bad if someone hadn't stripped off the decals

Best to purchase or download a SERVICE MANUAL. Will be the best $60-$80 you ever invested. Yes, replace the chain AND BOTH sprockets ($200), check the brake pads (replace all 3 sets for $100), may need a battery ($125 + $35 for a Tender in the off-season).

That should get you started :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it wouldn't look so bad if someone hadn't stripped off the decals

Best to purchase or download a SERVICE MANUAL. Will be the best $60-$80 you ever invested. Yes, replace the chain AND BOTH sprockets ($200), check the brake pads (replace all 3 sets for $100), may need a battery ($125 + $35 for a Tender in the off-season).

That should get you started :thumb:
Thanks unslow1, I'll be replacing these parts before it leave the shop! I was thinking going minus 1 for the front sproket. It's what i have seen most people do on their bike i think.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:plus1: Take some time to get acquainted with it... LEARN it... get used to it. THEN make your changes. You may find that the "stock" ratio fits your (new) riding style just fine. There are ALWAYS improvement and drawbacks to alterations from factory specifications (i.e. +/- fuel economy, +/- handling or feedback, +/- durability, etc.)

I remember my first "toy"... I wanted to deck it out, personalize it, blah, blah, blah. But with some of my other motorized goodies, I waited. Learned my riding style. THEN bought my aftermarket parts with FOCUS and REASON, resulting in a truly personalized machine that complimented MY riding style, and then I worked on the aesthetics :shades:

good luck :thumb: we look forward to hearing about what you end up doing, and above all else, RIDE SAFE :cycle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts