Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just order a new chain for my 929 (yellow)(EK530Xring) @ 108 links. But Im not sure what brand sprockets do I get....not looking to break the bank here but Im not looking to break a cheap set of sprockets either....

·
Registered
270 Posts
i just picked up a set of driven sprockets and did chain for my 1krr can;t comment on them yet as there is a *^^%^(&*%*(^& of this white cold crap all over the ground!!! i had vortex and ek chain on my 929 for 15k and had no prolbems rear sprocket still looked good (Alum) just do reg chain lubes $ adjustments and get a hard anodized one if you go aluminum

·
Registered
240 Posts
When I had a Driven rear sprocket on my KTM 625SMC, with a brand new chain (DID I think, X ring for sure) it was DONE by the time the bike got stolen, with around 7k on the sprocket. That with with proper maintenance. I wouldn't expect it to last too long on a liter-class bike.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Renthal aluminum rear sprockets look good and can take a beating. I ran them on my 06 ZX-10R when I had it and now I run them on my CBR900. At 7000 miles on the ZX-10R the sprocket barely showed any wear at all. However I am a maintanence nut. I clean my chain and sprockets spotless every 300-500 miles. Here is a quick pic of the sprocket on my 10R.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae24/roland5color/DSC00079.jpg?t=1267032158

For the front sprocket I run JT brand. They are cheap but very reliable. I have used these on all of my bikes including my hayabusa and they hold up very well also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.