Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I could definitely see Ian buying something like this =) but...... he has the skill to put it all back together too!

Reactions: IanDoohan

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
No really.. I've seen your work =)
Seems like the old .org has been taken over by mostly noobies... maybe I need to stop in more often...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Just remember Mr Doooohan.... boobies > noobies >=]

I like to pop my head in every once and a while to say hi... I still lurk around a bit and read over some of the threads.. even if I am less responsive nowadays.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Darned noobs =)
Actually.. I am happy the .org has continued to draw new members! I know you meant this in jest.. but.. I would truly hate to see this site die. I have been a part of this community for almost a decade and it has truly dropped off from the "golden years". Sad to see given this is a site dedicated to the 900rr, 929rr, 954rr (my fave), and the 1000rr.....

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Yes, certainly in jest!

I cannot boast long membership on any forum because of my recent (April 2017) return to this great past time. But I agree in full that despite opposing opinions of the value of forums, they ARE a great place of camaraderie and learning about these bikes which to the naive or newcomer have many subtle differences between models.

Those 'golden years' might have been affected by the draft of owners to various Facebook sites. I do not use Facebook now, (but have done so) because I believe the depth of members interaction is not as devoted as on these dedicated forums.

One forum in particular which is nearly in the grave is the https://www.vf1000r.com/forum/index.php site. I suppose as these bikes become rarer, as with early CBRs, membership will suffer or at best be continued by only a few enthusiasts.

As for this forum, it is faltering, but can easily be propped up by those of us who wish to see not only the marque survive, but also the interaction of owners of these brilliant machines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts