Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a fetish about brembo brakes (dont ask) and i would love to have em on my bike which is a 01 929rr. so i was wondering if its possible to pull a pair off of ebay and get some adapter to fit the 9'er. any thoughts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a friend machine a small adapter to get the proper angle so I could maintain the stock rotors... but you better use a Brembo brake that is up the line: I tried some off a Multistrada and the stock were still better... a set off a 749 is good...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you ill start the search. i supposed u are using the calipers and the master right? or just the calipers?

·
Registered
99 Posts
can go either way. I bought a 19X20 brembo master first, which is expensive, but feels REALLY nice. Then went looking for "cheap" brembo brakes on Ebay... Ducati stuff (non-radial, of course) is the best bet, I think... as I said, you will need to have a small bracket machined to match up the angles for the stock rotor... I didn't do it.... I have a friend who is handy with lathe, etc.... and he works on bikes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an F4i with the Jap brakes. I have a M-G Centauro and a Bimota with the high end Brembos. They are great ,but are they that greater to go to the hassle of changing yours over Absolutely not unless you like to spend a Ton of money ,frustration etc,etc, for about a 10 percent better feel . I would stick with the stock ones.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i'm using a 16mm brembo radial master cylinder on my 900, and a radial brembo 19x18 master cylinder for my 954.
both upgrades feels much better than the stock units, i get very powerful stopping power especially from the 19x18...

highly recommended if you want better braking feel ( need not change the whole system, the master cylinder will be very sufficient )

·
Registered
99 Posts
Actually Moron 900 is right. The difference between a Brembo master with stock 954 calipers vs. Brembo master with Brembocalipers from a 749 is fairly small. There is a difference, but it is not a HUGE difference. the Japanese high end calipers are quite good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, bribassguy! I punched up your yoyodyne Brembo upgrade kit. Super impressive.... but what a price! Wow. you da man! Stoppie city, baby!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually for all you get with the Brembo kit I thought was quite reasonable.
Like I said I don't think for the improvement in feel is worth it,but price the componets for our Hondas.$323 for a stock rotor for an F4i!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Actually Moron 900 is right. The difference between a Brembo master with stock 954 calipers vs. Brembo master with Brembocalipers from a 749 is fairly small. There is a difference, but it is not a HUGE difference. the Japanese high end calipers are quite good.

forgot to add that i'm using a 1000RR 05 fork + radial callipers on my 954.
feels a slight tad better than the stock 954 callipers. but i guess that if the bike is used on the road and some occasional trackdays, the brakes are more than enough. might not be enough for competitive racing though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts