Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s just say I have ditched the Michelin road 5 tyres on my daily ride in favour of the Bridgestone s22 , what super tyres they are , absolutely brilliant infact , I am no Valentino rossie and I ride old school and I even court me toe slider on a roundabout , so because of this , I ditching the road 5 from my 954 and getting the s22’s fitted Wednesday , and I can not wait , maybe at last , I’ll be able to use the blade as I had hoped , fingers are crossed

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Good to hear about Bridgestone.

I have not used them since they came standard on my CB750 in 1971. Despite my expecting Pirelli Super Corsas on the 2020 Blade (as was fitted to the 2017 - 18) I find Bridgestone RS11 on the bike.

Early days yet, but I am encouraged by your review! (y)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Let’s just say I have ditched the Michelin road 5 tyres on my daily ride in favour of the Bridgestone s22 , what super tyres they are , absolutely brilliant infact , I am no Valentino rossie and I ride old school and I even court me toe slider on a roundabout , so because of this , I ditching the road 5 from my 954 and getting the s22’s fitted Wednesday , and I can not wait , maybe at last , I’ll be able to use the blade as I had hoped , fingers are crossed
I had Bridgestone S21 before i changed for 2 weeks ago. They where really good and work more then fine on Track Days. Only negative was that they could not handle changed tyre pressure since i had on street 2,5 front and 2,9 back and on track 2,1 font and 1,9 back. Tyre became a little swampy.
When i changed i choose between Bridgestone S22 and Dunlop Streetsmart TT. I wwnt with Dunlop since i can change tyre pressure without damage the tyre compound.
For normal street use Bridgestone is more then enough so good choice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you should say that , following my post I dropped the rear from 42 to 34psi , my preferred rear pressure with the road 5 , it did not work , did not feel as good , so popped to a petrol station and topped her up , I only ride on the road so no track day worries for me , once the blade is sorted I’ll stick with the standard pressures on that to. The S22 is a harder ride , but that could just be the higher pressure , I run my suspension soft on my daily ride , needs to be comfy more than race hard , and it literally works 👍🏻 Well chuffed , now covered 150 miles , rear tyre as she sits

·
Registered
202 Posts
Funny you should say that , following my post I dropped the rear from 42 to 34psi , my preferred rear pressure with the road 5 , it did not work , did not feel as good , so popped to a petrol station and topped her up , I only ride on the road so no track day worries for me , once the blade is sorted I’ll stick with the standard pressures on that to. The S22 is a harder ride , but that could just be the higher pressure , I run my suspension soft on my daily ride , needs to be comfy more than race hard , and it literally works 👍🏻 Well chuffed , now covered 150 miles , rear tyre as she sits
View attachment 108312

View attachment 108313
My S21 after 3 track days below.
And I did not buy Streetsmart cause it was Sportsmart😂

Reactions: razz007
1 - 5 of 5 Posts