Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Beautiful stuff! I wonder how big of a telescope it takes to see some of this stuff. I"ve had a few cheaper scopes in my day, but nothing with this power, nor the ever-expensive CCD mounting capabilities. Always awe inspiring though..

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful stuff! I wonder how big of a telescope it takes to see some of this stuff. I"ve had a few cheaper scopes in my day, but nothing with this power, nor the ever-expensive CCD mounting capabilities. Always awe inspiring though..
I dont know, have the funny feeling it was a camera, Ill ask him

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
What types of cameras? 35mm SLR, digital, digital SLR, CCD??? I know most astro-photography is performed with CCD cameras, but since he used multiple cameras to snap the shot (probably a fairly long exposure time as well) it makes me even more curious as to how he did it. In order to grab a good nebula shot, it also takes a fairly high-powered scope. I would assume he's using at least a 4", but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Lol I like photography 'n all, but I don't have models memorized, so I'll have to not be lazy and look them up.... thanks Ray for ruining my ability to be lazy... now I have to type something into Google....

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
FYI, the EOS 7D I do know, the other I don't. The 7D runs like $1400+ without the lens... crazy money in just one camera... hate to know what he has in the telescope lol

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I've got a couple SLR's (35mm) laying about that I love to play with. I used to roll my own film, develop it, enlarge my own prints, and develop those as well. I know a lot of trick photography you can do with the old SLR's, not much about the new digitals though. I miss my old photography equipment and skills lol.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Amen to that. I never kept up with half the crap digital cameras had to offer..... I always just preferred film I guess. Manual photography took a good bit of knowledge to yield the desired results ( like a higher F-stop to blur the background or lower F-stop to sharpen it up). I think most of the "photographers" today wouldn't know that...

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Yeah, I was going to mention the photo editing software but forgot to do so. I guess our old ways are just... primitive now. Bummer really, used to be an art form, now it's just a daily chore....

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I was going to mention the photo editing software but forgot to do so. I guess our old ways are just... primitive now. Bummer really, used to be an art form, now it's just a daily chore....
Yup the local photography page on FB is full of pictures that have been edited... new times

1 - 17 of 17 Posts