Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

141 - 160 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Happy New Year

No it is all stalled a bit because of sick kids, wife and my self. Then birthdays, christmas and New Year.
So I have to get up in gear soon :)

Allan
Happy New Year, Allan. After all of that, I would imagine that you will be pleased to get back into the garage/workshop. :grin

I have already started: front end disassembled, forks re-oiled and installed, I am now refurb-ing the brake M/C and fitting braided hoses to the re-freshed calipers. :wink

·
Registered
423 Posts
And I’m busy rebuilding an 1980’s Raleigh!

Very nice, Gunk. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Which reminds me ....... having previously had some fun&games handling forks while working on them, I decided to try something different, this time.
I had a push-bike maintenance stand in the loft, one that would normally clamp the cross-bar and the head allows indexed rotation of the bike.
It turns out that it is ideal for holding forks while being worked on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Hi everybody.

Its been a while since, I was here. A lot of things around the world has happen, I hope you and your love ones, are all good. We should all take care.
Denmark have shot down the country for the next 14 days, so now I have time again to look at the bike. I am starting to take the engine of the frame, and I only need to take out the second mounting bolt. Its the '"highest one", if you now what i mean. The bolt goes in from the left and there is a long spacer, then a short spacer, and then a nut on the end of the bolt. Everything is stuck. When i try to loosen the nut the bolt turns around with it. The nut is now so damage as my fingers :(
If i try turning then bolt instead the nut turns around with on the right side. As I am only myself, I haven't tried to counter turn the nut while I turn the bolt.

Do you guys have any good ideas?

Take care everybody.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,636 Posts
Hi everybody.

Its been a while since, I was here. A lot of things around the world has happen, I hope you and your love ones, are all good. We should all take care.
Denmark have shot down the country for the next 14 days, so now I have time again to look at the bike. I am starting to take the engine of the frame, and I only need to take out the second mounting bolt. Its the '"highest one", if you now what i mean. The bolt goes in from the left and there is a long spacer, then a short spacer, and then a nut on the end of the bolt. Everything is stuck. When i try to loosen the nut the bolt turns around with it. The nut is now so damage as my fingers :(
If i try turning then bolt instead the nut turns around with on the right side. As I am only myself, I haven't tried to counter turn the nut while I turn the bolt.

Do you guys have any good ideas?

Take care everybody.
This one? If so, take the 2 bolts that hold the small triangle pieces out of the frame instead, then the engine will drop out and you can get that bolt out easier with the engine on the bench.

·
7,636 Posts
You so smart Ian! Also,when in the world did you become a "Super Moderator"? :geek:
:cool: Let it be known that you're the first to mention it. It's been a few days now. We'll call it a trial run at this point. I was asked by admin and humbly accepted it to see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

·
7,636 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Ok wise guys. I am stuck with the last bolt (adjusting bolt). In my nativity i thought i could unscrew the bolt with out loosening the lock nut. I don't have the tool for the lock nut.
I can buy this for a fortune :(
Any do it your self solution or a cheaper alternative?
I can't welt or anything so that's not a solution.

141 - 160 of 257 Posts