Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Brits rate the CBR1000RR #1, but have complaints about the 2005 Red/White/Blue color scheme.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
But if you could take the white lower off of the 05 and put it on to the 04 RWB, I think that would be one of the hottest bikes around. Through in some white wheels and you would have it made. Looks like it could be done if the white is the same. You would have to peel a bit of the sticker off, but dayum....
Chris

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
NinerPilot said:
But if you could take the white lower off of the 05 and put it on to the 04 RWB, I think that would be one of the hottest bikes around. Through in some white wheels and you would have it made. Looks like it could be done if the white is the same. You would have to peel a bit of the sticker off, but dayum....
Chris

there's a man using the ol' noodle :D

you might be on to something.....

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NinerPilot said:
But if you could take the white lower off of the 05 and put it on to the 04 RWB, I think that would be one of the hottest bikes around. .
A cool idea............I think Honda needs to confer with Fireblades.org before they design their color schemes!!!!

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
NinerPilot said:
I never have like the way an I4 sounds.... I grew up riding a VFR and have always prefered grunt over pitch....
Chris
You need to find an RVF750. It has both (grunt and pitch) :thumb: .

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
NinerPilot said:
I sat on one once.... Does that count? ;)
You sat on a REAL RVF750? (Not the RC45 production imitation). I am referring to the 309 pound, 180 HP 1991/1992 RVF750 Suzuka bike (ala Oki and Cabin) that Doohan and Gardener and Doohan and Beattie won Suzuka on.

I was lucky enough to take a close look at the Oki bike and besides the magnesium carbs (yep, they didn't use the stinkin FI that the RC45 used), aluminum fuel tank, magnesium cases, cylinders and titanium exhaust tubing with CF cans, they had CF/Kevlar bodywork and even the damn footpegs were magnesium as were the wheels. I asked about a ballpark price and after getting a translation from Japanese, the price was over $220K to LEASE one for a single season.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
NinerPilot said:
I never have like the way an I4 sounds.... I grew up riding a VFR and have always prefered grunt over pitch....
Chris
At first I thought !!!!, then I thought some more and realized I grew up on 2 strokes. So a sound like a zillion ticked hornets is rocking. Inlines sound kind of like an old TZ or OW 2 stroke when wound hard :evilaugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts