Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been scouring the interwebs to try and find out if this is possible without too much fabrication, but does anyone have actual firsthand knowledge if the BST carbon fiber wheels from an RC51 can be retrofitted for a 954rr? I hear the OEM rear is a direct swap and the front just needs bearings and some spacers, but when trying to get bearings for the BST wheels from their recommended vendor (worldwide bearings) they stated that it's not the same size so just ordering an OEM bearing kit may not work. So just trying to see if the BST wheels are made to exact same specs as OEM or slightly different. Picked them up for a good price, but don't wanna start messing with them just to find out I can't even make them work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update incase anyone else runs into this situation. The rear did fit like a glove, the front wheel just took it to a local motorcycle shop that can do machine work. They were able to bore out the axle hole since the 954 axle is like 3mm larger than the RC51, then just bought some shims to fill the gap between the forks and bearings cause otherwise the brakes would drag once tightened up. Fits and looks great, plus the handling is way better now with the weight savings. Ofcourse now looks like BST is finally making wheels that are interchangeable, but the lil customization required was worth saving $1000 on the set, that also included new slicks on them :)

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Pics? Where are the pics?!?!?!!

In general as long as the bearing will take the axle correctly it is just a matter of making sure your spacers are the right size. It is not too difficult or expensive to have some custom spacers made to allow for a wheel swap. The rear is where it can get super complicated.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics, hopefully they work, usually have issues tryin to load pics on here. Got some far and upclose, plus the wheels when I first got them with some nice fresh tires already installed :grin

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts