Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed guys are running the Bridgestone BT010 front and Bridgestone BT020 for rear, any idea how this affects handling??? I'm trying to do more research on tires and am interested in the BT014 but have been researching more and guys aren't getting too much mileage out of them even on the street. I don't do any track days but do lots of street riding and some twisties on the weekends.

When you mix a sport touring tire for the rear and a high performance tire up front doesn't that upset things?

Most people are advising me off this setup (010/020) saying that you need a high performance tire in the front as opposed to rear since the front does all the steering and you don't want it to slip out from under you.

Logic tells me to keep the front and rear tires the same but I dunno maybe someone can share their knowledge with me on this. PLEASE!!!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The BT010 / BT020 is a common configuration used by VFR riders who wanted a set with decent performance and increased rear tire life.

I am happy with the metzeler Z6 sport touring tires on my VFR, which sees no track days and as many twisties as I can throw at it. They've already outlasted the Bridgestone 012's that came with the CBR954, and no evidence of cupping yet.

·
Registered
576 Posts
010/020 is the combo I like the best. I tried the Pirelli Diablos, but they don't last nearly as long, and frankly the Dunlops work just as well for the type of riding I do. FWIW, my "commute" consists of 25 miles of twisty heaven and 10 miles of more normal stuff... each way. I'd recomend giving the combo a try.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks guys:) Any other tire you can recommend for the front besides the 010???

·
Registered
28 Posts
JWHT said:
Great thanks guys:) Any other tire you can recommend for the front besides the 010???
For front, Metzeler Rennsport or Dunlop D208GPA.

But when using them you must heat them first before you start maximum lean. Feel your way up.

So for no problem with my rear tire BT012ss 190/50.

TQ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts