Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good friend go down last week on his Ducati 748. A person in the lane to his left decided to change over to his lane, no big deal, except they came over exceptionally quick then braked hard as they moved over to make room for the car ahead of them, but not my buddy behind them. The car cliped his front end and sent him to the ground.

He meets with a surgeon tomorrow and will most likely have his shoulder reconstructed along with his knee, which just healed from an ACL injury.

Once he fixes his left fairing, the bike will be back to normal condition then will go up for sale, along with his Dainese jacket gloves and Arai helmet. If anyone is interested in the bike or gear, let me know and I'll give you the details.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sorry to hear that. All of these stories are adding up this summer.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I also hate hearing these types of stories, but some have a worse outcome than yours, hope your friend heals quickly

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the support, I'll pass it on to him.

Unfortunately, the story gets worse. Oregon has a law that if you hit a back of a vehicle, no matter what, you are the one that gets cited. He will of course be fighting it in court and will hopefully get the citation cleared. But it's just another blow to my friend.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
pdx954 : Unfortunately, the story gets worse.  Oregon has a law that if you hit a back of a vehicle, no matter what, you are the one that gets cited.  
That is a pretty stupid law! Has Oregon ever heard of 'circumstances'? Sorry, ranting here, but I hope your friend comes out on top on this one

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That's the general rule here as well... however, if the person causing the accident has just changed lanes or made an unexpected change in speed there is some room for movement.

I suggest he tackles it from that angle.

(Bacchus, shouldn't you be asleep??)

·
Registered
276 Posts
it could happen to ANY ONE of us.....hmmm

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
damn, rough story.  Sounds pretty crappy.  Too bad he's selling the bike tho.  I think coming back after riding in an accident like that is the biggest revenge to bad luck.

[edited for sentence structure]

·
Registered
548 Posts
Here in CA if you hit the rear of a vehicle you are at fault but if you have any witnesses who could say the guy made an unsafe lane change it could be turned in your favor .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts