Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 600RR (trashed) and I'm in the process of turning it into a race/track bike. After GMD gets a hold of it to untwist the thing, I'll start ordering parts for it. (It's not that bad, just cosmetic, but just to make sure...)

I'm sure a few of you guys have done the same, and was wondering what problems any of you came across or what products you've used. I've already decided on most things (sharkskinz, racetech fork rebuild, tires, lines, etc.)

Any feedback (good or bad) would help.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
I'd suggest Dan Kyle for the suspension work.

Might wanna do the smaller stuff like stainless steel brake lines, better pads, frame sliders, GP shifting, rearsets.

What color was it, and do you have any of the stock plastic left in decent condition? Don't really care about rash, as long as it's not broken.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input.
I'll probably put more money into suspension setup than anything else.
The Akrapovic and PC3 sounds like a good option.
Good to know info from someone who has actually done the mods instead of just reading the literature from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We went with K-Tech internals on the front with the Ohlins on the rear. We can also get a works Showa for the rear that the British Supersport teams are running. Let me know if you need any help.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Sinister Racing said:
We have a 600RR that is putting out 118 HP with just an Akrapovic Evo and a PCIII. If you have any questions about anything, let me know.
OK---Ill be the dick----this sounds incerdibly optimistic--I heard 112 HP with the full Arata/PC3 from Dan Kyles dyno---another 6HP sounds really, really optimistc :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not sure what the Arata will do, but I can say that using Ultimate 4 will give you a little more. We did a dyno run before the bike had even been on the track and it did 114. After 3 race weekends, we did some remapping and the bike did 118. All of the bikes I have seen on the dyno have made increases in horsepower after the bike had been ridden for a few months. Terry Embury, who owns Hi Side Racing, has a 600RR with the M4 full system which put out 115 on the same day ours did 114, also before it was raced.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The number means little anyways...6 hp deviation in dynos is certainly within the realm of expectation.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
freq said:
yes but.....................

forget it. they're just numbers.
There's an echo in here... ;) :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Dyno's are great for use as a tool for remapping, jetting etc, but are a total waste of time for giving out and out h.p figures. Our dyno , same day can give a reading of say 112h.p. The guy down the road will run the same bike up , same day and it'll say 118. The numbers you're after, is before and after numbers. What did the bike have before the Akra system? Just the END number is totally irrelavent. From what I've seen, I seriously doubt that the Akra system will make more power than the Arata, or even a Micron Serpent system. PLUS, they're heaps more expensive. My stock 600RR made 101h.p. The Arata and mapping made 112. That's 11 h.p gain on a 600. Not too shabby if you ask me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The bike did 104 with pump gas stock. I have seen four stock 600RR's on the same dyno and all did between 103 and 105. We have seen the same gains with the M4 full system as with the Akra Evo.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yeah, well, that sounds about right then, especially as they used better fuel etc, the gains are pretty good. Plus the Akra EVO system is about 11ty times the expense of everything else, so you'd expect the h.p.
As for the graphs, don't bother. I've been there, done that, and it doesn't seem to prove shit to anybody. Haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts