Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to the forum ive aquired a 05 1000rr, lowered extended, yosh slip, one down front and 2 up in rear, took to local track with shitty weather and ran a best of a 1.60 ft 6.33 @ 117.86, leaving at 10.5k, it only dyno'd at 146rwhp:rotfl: , it has to be the weekest 1k built, im tossed between, turboing the bike or building the motor, 13.5 pistons, cams, ported head something i can take out and have it be reliable and fun.......bottom line is can you guys post some some mods youve done and the power difference it made and if it was worth it , what you recommend, not and why.............. id like to build a reliable all motor 1k cbr, to run in the 5's with out head aches, my bike has a stock header no comander or anything of the sort...any advice i would be most greatful...thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
which is, and what did it do for you? not to be a smart ass but i could put nitrous on it, if i wanted it to be simple, it would be half the price of a real exhaust and make 3 times more power, im looking for some real answers here with results, this isnt my first time around the block with bikes, just looking for what works and doesnt on cbr's, busa's have always been my thing but im trying something different...thanks again

·
Registered
420 Posts
05 stock motor with, jardine full system, pc3, air intake, dna filters made 163hp
same bike with 40 dry shot made 175hp

cycle logic motorsports do a very nice turbo kit, nitrous is a pain in the ass

·
Registered
31 Posts
DNA and BMC air filters add about 1-2 HP from stock (K&N will be worse than stock)

Remove or disable the flapper valve/door and get an A-Tech Intake or gut a stock one for more ram air effect

PCIII and an exhaust such as Arrow, Arata, Akrapovic Full systems

Some people change out the velocity stacks from an 06 or 07 1000RR to gain a couple more ponies too

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks again, didnt know about the stacks... i order a 07 head, i guess the difference is dual intake springs, and higher flowing chambers, ordered 07 computer that is mapped more aggressively 04-05, when the head gets here im going to send the cams off to web, for exchange $440.00, head ill port in the mean time, get a pc, some guys say they have this done with 13.5 pistons and make 180-190rwhp, all motor.....sounds hard to believe but they also say you have to spend the big money on the exhaust (like that was commented earlier)..... thanks for responce keep it coming:thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My bike have a stock engine with power comander no filters and choped exhaust. 156 rwhp. with nitrous i had problems on the dyno but i got one reading at over 200 rwhp. 60 hk nos on stock engine works fine. race fuel onely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.