Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rainbow shark that is. A friend gave him to me for christmas in college when I first started keeping fish. So it was about 3 years old. Had gotten pretty big too (over 5 inches long). He was a weird fish, would just randomly
go psycho for a second splashing around violently then act as if nothing happened. Almost like it had really fast seizures.

The move from upstairs back downstairs (they had to be moved to put the christmas tree in the living room) must have shaken him a bit. My father said he jumped out of the bucket yesterday when he was moving them. Then today he stopped swimming and about a half hour after I took this picture he stopped breathing so I gave him the burial at sea.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Bummer. Poor fishie.

I had a goldfish once that had to have been about 8-10 years old. One day it was swimming on it's side, something I've seen them do before they die. I put it in a bowl and threw in a shot of whiskey. Perked him right up and I put him back in the tank. He lived another 6 months after that.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
That thing is now going to fall into some toxic waste, come back to life and grow to be a giant man eating shark.
You better watch that toilet close, as it will find its way back and bite you on the ass when you sit down.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
BDA116 said:
That thing is now going to fall into some toxic waste, come back to life and grow to be a giant man eating shark.
You better watch that toilet close, as it will find its way back and bite you on the ass when you sit down.
:rotfl:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Bummer. Poor fishie.

I had a goldfish once that had to have been about 8-10 years old. One day it was swimming on it's side, something I've seen them do before they die. I put it in a bowl and threw in a shot of whiskey. Perked him right up and I put him back in the tank. He lived another 6 months after that.
Same thing happened to Hammer when he highsided at Putnam...after a couple shots of Crown, he was ready to ride again... :evilaugh:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I have two fish. A huge freshwater angel and a black barb that refuse to die.. I have been waiting for them to kick the bucket for over a year and they just keep on going... I want to get the tank out of my livingroom to make room for a terrarium and get a couple more beared dragons....

I do however have a ferret who seems to be on his last legs. He's been drooling and just lying around for two days now.. It's about that time for him and the female so I doubt there's anything a vet could do.. Doubt the female will last long once he dies... My son is gonna be crushed when this happens. Gonna be a long week...

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BDA116 said:
like in the family guy when Peter had them going on the wild goose chase to find Lois's non-existant present and they were in the sewers and a giant goldfish had a gun to Chris's head.

"mom remember my gold fish that we thought was dead?"

phobe I didn't kill, I blame it on my father even though he didn't do it. If it was a smaller fish I'd blame it on the huge (must be 6 inches long) upside catfish thats in there. I think he's eaten a bunch of tiny fish back when I used to get smaller ones. There's also another fish in there thats just a plain bitch. She used attack other fish (doesn't do it anymore cause she's probably feeling old). The best were fights with her and the catfish. It looked like street fighter of tekken in my fish tank. But I've witnessed her kill other smaller fish, and not even when she had layed eggs. She just did it for fun. damn sociopathic homicidal fish.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getsome said:
I have two fish. A huge freshwater angel and a black barb that refuse to die.
I had a smaller angel fish once. did not last very long. Any fish that had good sized fins wouldn't last with the fish I have. Its funny cause when I first got them I'd only get the "community" fish but once they started dying all the time it was time to get some bigger fish. The tiger barb my mom bought has survived for about a year now (those are more aggressive though). and there's a little catfish that's been there since college.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
There used to eb two angels in the tank both pretty large and they fought all the time and killed everyhting i put in the tank for a while. Then I threw in 3 tiger barbs and the black barb and they put that stuff to a halt.. Was funny how 4 relatively small fish compared to the others even when full gorwn controlled the atmosphere in the tank.. After almost 5 years These final two are all that remains since I wil no longer add to the tank..

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
first off I was wrong with the name, its a bala shark.

yeah the tiger barb in mine seems to be doing pretty well, seems pretty large for a barb also.

I wasn't planning on adding anymore fish either but since the tank they now reside is was a present my father got last year for christmas (20 gallon) and he likes them he can add more if he wants. So today when he got home he asked me if I wanted to go get another one. So we went to Petco, they didn't have any and pretty much had a crappy selection of other fish. I kinda wanted the Blue Lobster crayfish but he was $20 so I didn't get him. he'd probably cause some fights anyway. So then we went over to PetSmart and they had a good selection including a bunch of bala sharks. So we got 2, a large one and a medium one. The large is still nowhere near as large as the one I had, probably a good 1.5-2 inches smaller.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Bummer. Poor fishie.

We have a goldfish that is about 5 years old now. He sleeps upside down most of the time and floats on top. He looks dead every time we look at him, but after tapping the tank, he perks right up and turns over. He's blind in one eye and can't dive very well. Everyone who walks into the kitchen says, "you have a floater" and they freak out when he starts swimming. He refuses to die....

This behavior has been going on for over a year now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts