Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Just bought myself an '08 CBR1000rr and have read stories about these things going through a fair bit of oil. How many km's do you think it goes through before its dry?

Just bought 4 litres of full synth oil for it and topped it up so have to see how it goes. Any one out there with issues?

cheers

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello all, Just bought myself an '08 CBR1000rr and have read stories about these things going through a fair bit of oil. How many km's do you think it goes through before its dry?

Just bought 4 litres of full synth oil for it and topped it up so have to see how it goes. Any one out there with issues?

cheers

The bad ones went through a litre every 1500kms or so I think.
Just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
They weren't "bad" ones - they were normal ones. Just like Honda said. Also like the bikes that DIDN'T burn oil were normal as well. :idunno: :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
They weren't "bad" ones - they were normal ones. Just like Honda said. Also like the bikes that DIDN'T burn oil were normal as well. :idunno: :rolleyes:

Yes, didn't they claim that they were race engines designed to burn a litre every 1000 miles, or something equally ludicrous :)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Did anyone dyno compare the normal and so-called "race" engines? I bet there's zero difference. Be interesting to see if anyone called them on it and demanded a road version of the engine for day-to-day use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts